Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Linc's birthday party

We did it. I finally threw a children's party. When I was about 10 I had my first and last party as a girl. My guests were Ashley, Ashley, and Andrea. Yep, there were three Ashley's (counting me) and an Andrea :) My best friend Ashley accidentally got stuck in the top of the enormous fort my dad built in the back yard and somehow we didn't notice until we had gone inside and realized one Ashley was missing. She was crying in the top of the fort traumatized. I was traumatized too and have never been able to bring myself to get all excited about kids parties until this year. I swallowed my phobia and we did it! It was scary and I was nervous but Linc actually has friends now that he likes playing with. I let him make the guest list and off we went on track for a DINO extravaganza! It was so fun and I was so so blessed by Lincoln's behavior at the party. He was absolutely delighted to have his buddies around him, celebrating and playing. It really was so much fun! Like I said he wanted Dinosaur themed, of course so we went with it! Here are some photos of the decor;



I used the little shovels as serving utensils. We ate our meat birds and a bunch of stuff from the garden which was fun for the kids too!



I made a big dino footprint template out of some packing paper and used flour to make big footprints down our driveway and up to our house. I think this was Linc's favorite thing!

Linc's four year pictures have been a little elusive... he won't sit still!!

No comments: