We love fall around here! There's pumpkins, squash and apples everywhere and lots of hunting. Levi finished out his hunting season (as far as I know... there could be some tag that I don't know about ;) with a nice little buck, just enough to fill the rest of the space in the freezer after that big boy of an elk! He had a great time hunting and while he was out we stayed at Grandma Kay's for a few days to enjoy her apple harvest. The boys had lots of fun, as usual, helping grandma pick apples and dig up potatoes.




Once we got home from all that fun we jumped right back into life with a doc appt. for Willow! Yep, she officially has a name!! Willow is decided and now to pick a middle name. I think Caroline is the top runner as Levi's grandma's middle name and we both like it. I like Elizabeth, Kate, and Claire also. Levi hasn't mentioned anything else but I know he likes Caroline so we may just have a winner people! And nearly a month before she's due!! I've been working hard nesting my big 'ol self to death nearly. Cleaning closets, working on her room, sifting through toys and trying to de-clutter the house something serious. It's been successful thus far with the toy situation under control, the boy's room done and Willow's room all finished up and awaiting her arrival. I had a couple of baby showers over the last couple of weeks and boy oh boy were they fun!! My sweet friend Karen out did herself with a beautiful shower from all of my friend and church family around the area and my Cousin Kim and sister in law Jamie did an awesome shower in Eugene with some of my church family, Levi's family and friends over there. Both were amazing and I am so, so thankful beyond words for everyone's love and help and support with this pregnancy and this little girl.
Karen is so stinking cute and crafty and put together. She just had a baby and she has a two year old and she watches a two year old most days AND she wanted to throw a shower! Karen's shower;
 |
| Her very talented friend from Eugene did the cake! |
 |
| My sweet buddy Shelly did these adorable little cake pops and a beautiful fruit salad baby carriage built out of a watermelon! |
 |
| Karen just had a baby girl in June and she was/is an avid Alberston's chocolate chip cookie eater so when I threw her shower they were on the menu and I became a little bit of a fan too... these things are amazing! |
 |
| Karen and I |
Kim and Jamie also did an amazing, to dye for awesome shower! I don't know who these people are but they are some crafters I tell you!! You can see some of Jamie's photos from the very special day on
her photo website enter the password up to get a peak! I am so very thankful, again, for such wonderful family and friends!! Just looking through the photos makes me smile reeeaaal big :)
Well as you can imagine Willow made out pretty good from the showers so her room was in definite need of some help! I finally finished it this morning! Man it feels good to have a place for her all ready and prepared.
 |
| The rug from Linc's birthday has a new purpose! |
 |
| Kim made these amazing little hot air balloons!! |
 |
| I've take to needle work just a little bit and did some blanket stitching around this big W. |
Now we're trying to finishing up last minute things before the baby arrives like preparing for Christmas, getting cards ready and gifts made and my head is spinning just thinking about everything that still needs to be done! The boys have been big helpers though and even Barrett is getting in on the organizing and cleaning work. He is so sweet and loves to help when he can and Lincoln is actually a whole lot of help now days. He wakes up each morning and helps get the fire started... he actually loads all the wood, kindling and paper into the fireplace and I just have to light it up. Then he tends it for the rest of the day making sure it doesn't go out.
Bear has been doing speech therapy for about a month now and that is going really well! We were a bit concerned with his lack of communicating so I had to swallow my pride a bit ( I really didn't like accepting that he is a little delayed in the talking department) and sign him up with our local ESD. It's done serious wonders for him and I'm so happy we did it! He's still not a talker but he's made loads of progress and we're a lot less frustrated during our day. He knows about 10 signs and that has helped him really connect the words to the motions. He actually says the words that he signs every time he signs them now. He can say Willow and will give my belly kisses and snuggles periodically throughout the day. Lincoln is really excited to have a baby sister and says he will help me change diapers and take care of her. I can't wait to see these little guys with their sister. When Lincoln says Willow is sounds like "Whoa Whoa"! It's the cutest thing :) I think she might already have a nick name! That's the update from this little house for now. Just 34 days until my due date and boy am I ready to meet this critter!
No comments:
Post a Comment