Sunday, August 21, 2011

A summer in review....

Well I once again stink at blogging and have missed a whole lot of fun stuff from early summer until now so in an attempt to keep my "scrapbook" going here is our summer in review!

We'll start with the not so summery part and move on from there. In May we took a trip to Diamond lake and had a blast with Levi's family sledding and ice fishing;





Bear couldn't move so he just ate the snow ;)







Lynnae's wipe out ;) She was pretty daring out there!



Levi and Bill took the boys out on the ice and caught some nice fish! Levi had to push the canoe through the ice with one foot out on the ice and he only fell in twice or so :)
Then I took the boys to New Mexico to visit my family for a couple of weeks;
Lincoln got to see REAL dinosaur fossils at the dino museum! He was in heaven looking at all the stuff!!

Then we went to the science museum and he had a great time there!

Oh and we conquered the zoo

More fun at the science museum. I seriously wish we had something like this. There were so many awesome things for the boys to experiment with and play with. On a rainy day it sure would be nice!

The aquarium

More science!!





We watched a dinosaur IMax at the museum... I forgot that neither Bear nor Linc had ever seen a big screen movie let alone and Imax in 3-D about dinosaurs. Needless to say it scared the wads out of them but I think the liked parts of it :)


My fam

We played in the water every day and were outside by 7 am. We went to a really fun water park but I don't have any photos of that on my drive. Imagine Linc sliding down some really big water slides and Bear never letting his shoulders come above the surface because he didn't want to get out. They had a blast!

Grandpa Justin built a really nice tree fort for the boys which they stayed in and pruned the tree for quite a while.

Lincoln got to take his first horse ride with these horses. He could have rode them forever!
Back at home we played outside lots once the weather finally cleared up. I found this recipe for sidewalk chalk paint that the boys love!

The boys got to go on their first ocean boat trip
Lincoln inherited my sea sickness but said he really had fun! I am totally not sure how that happened but I think it had something to do with being in the same place as papa and Bear all day.

We celebrated fourth of July;


We took a day trip to our Smith River spot since we didn't have enough time this summer for a camp trip;




Linc's first official "catch" picture :)
We of course have had loads of fun with the chickens, played in the sprinkler, and did some fun homeschool stuff;

The boys with their dinosaur skeletons that Lincoln put together


playing with pop

Chickens!!


Sprinklers


Bear loves being sprayed in the face :)
And the finally of summer for us was our annual Cuzn's camp where unveiled the gender of our newest Harris!



If you couldn't tell the frosting on the inside of the cake is PINK! We're having a little girl!!!!!




The annual "chase Levi through the yard and beat him with sticks" marathon!





The boys were running a fish market from uncle Bruce's boat, it was so cute!

Kim loving Bruce and Lynnae's ATV. We'll get you to move to the country sooner or later ;)

Shooting stuff

Croquet Club


It's been a really fun summer!!! We even made it to the Butterfly gardens, aquarium, blueberry picking, the county fair and a few other stops in between all this fun. I'd say it has been a great summer and now we're looking hunting season straight in the face and preparing for it to start next week! I can't believe it's already here!! That means fall is just around the corner!

2 comments:

Amber Allen said...

great job! that was an awesome wrap of the summer fun-ness :)

Anonymous said...

I agree - great wrap!