Friday, August 19, 2011

Bear is Two!!

Oh my, oh my how time flies when you're having fun!! Barrett turns two today and what a two years it has been. I am so very thankful for him, his grunts, his kisses, his crazy faces, his snarls and his shyness at times. He is a boy to beat all boys. He eats sticks for breakfast and instead of just cuddling his blanket he shoves a good 6-7 inches into his mouth and a handful up his nose. Every last thing he does is coated in boyhood. He purposefully goes out of his way to stomp in the mud. Bear makes it a point to dig deeper into every mole hill, to eat more sand than last time, and to jump just a little higher off the couch with every dare devil move. He loves to fall off things and has developed a unique way of dropping himself down the slide backwards instead of just sitting and enjoying the ride. I think he's an adrenaline junky already! Bear weighs about 31 lbs which is a mere 10 lbs less than Lincoln. He is stout and burly and all those other manly adjectives. He has the cutest furrowed brow when he's thinking, or eating or upset or happy... actually he usually has a furrowed brow :) When new people are around Bear is shy and coy. He'll plow people over to hide under a table or crawl under my dress and when he really doesn't want to talk to people he'll pretend they aren't there. Barrett makes the coolest engine noises. He's got the chainsaw, tractor motor, drill and lots of other down and has learned to elk bugle with amazing accuracy! Yep this little guy is a keeper!!

I took Bear and brother Linc out for some photos in the yard this morning to catch Barrett on his birthday and I was so happy he was somewhat cooperative ;) I have loads of favorites but then again, I'm his momma and he could be puking green beans and I'd still think he was so cute!






This is the fort that Lincoln cut out of the trees himself and Bear helps him to bring in branches and things to make the walls. They LOVE this spot and they have lots of fun together in their fort!

This next series I like to call progression of the furrowed brow;



Not sure what he was thinking about but he usually has this last look on his face :) He's AWESOME!! I love you Bear!

No comments: