Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farm & Hunting Season Report!


 Well we've officially got meat in the freezer... LOTS of meat in the freezer! We butchered our 20 or so meat birds over about two weeks and Levi got a beautiful 6x6 bull on the first day of his vacation before the boys and I even got to camp! It was a huge blessing and we are really thankful to Bill, Kay, Bruce and Lynnae for helping pack him out until 2 a.m. in the pitch black night. He was no small boy to get out of the woods and he managed to call it quits in a nice little hole! Levi's elk always seem to give him one last run for his money by dieing in a deep dark hole. I will say, much of the trek to the elk was on a sort of road although within the first 20 yards the quad winch was used to get over a giant sink hole ;) But then it wouldn't be an adventure if we didn't get to use a winch and a chain saw! The boys and I enjoyed building a fort while everyone cut on the elk and then Levi and I decided to camp overnight just because it was so late. Well I tried to get some  video footage up but it's not loading so here's the photo run down ;) Thanks Lynnae for taking a bunch of pictures too! It was so dark that I'm super thankful she was there!


We camped in the front yard when we got home from elk camp :)
We've spent the past three and a half days processing all of the meat. There was a ton to get done. Yesterday we had a meat grinding party to finish off the last bit of packaging ;) And today we celebrated byyyyyy, HUNTING! We took the boys on a pigeon hunt and it was a gorgeous morning. Bill and Levi shot four shots and got four birds in about 30 minutes. Remarkable! Then we lounged around in the shade, had a picnic and headed home. I really can't thank the Lord enough for such a great season so far.

No comments: