Wednesday, November 10, 2010
It's been a week....
It's been a week, let me tell ya'! We all had the flu or some terrible cold last week and right in the middle of it, when I had finally succumbed to lying in the chair lifeless for the better part of a day Lincoln decided to go all "superhero" on us and dove out of a kitchen chair fracturing his wrist in two places. Ah yes, now we are one of those families. You know the one whose three year old sports a cast while his one year old brother drools a continual streamer of spit snot, growling at everyone and occasionally hacking on the nearest kid. Yup, people see us and run screaming in terror for fear that we'll infect them or break one of their arms. Be afraid... be very afraid :) Pics of the awesome cast to come but for now I'll share this lovely story about just how "boy" my boy is. So after he fell his arm swelled up, not terribly but just enough to notice. He was also really favoring it and by that I mean when he wrestled his brother he'd hold it over his head and whack him with his good arm. So I knew something wasn't right. Levi wanted to just brace it and let it heal a bit to see if it was really worth going to the doc. Well it didn't get better after a couple of days and so we went in. Bear sat with the receptionist while Linc and I did the x-rays and then we headed to get the cast. He was stoked... weird, I know :) So we got the cast, he picked a lovely shade of neon green, ug. As we were leaving the orthopedics place he looked over at me and said "momma, my other arm hurts a little too. I think it needs a cast". HA! He actually wanted two casts, hilarious! Well all was cool, so he thought, until we got home and he went to dive off the couch and proceeded to land nose first on his casted arm. Not so cool. That thing is haaard! We are now under orders to keep his whole right arm clean and dry... seriously?! For four weeks!! Did I mention we have a three foot tall pile of mud in my front yard right now... and my kids love mud... looks like it's going to be a looong four weeks! We are all on the mend though. The kids snot trails are slowly drying and we can make it through a trip to the store without hearing the shrill scream of paranoid mothers. It's refreshing. Lincoln does have a weird rash now but what the heck, we haven't had one of those in a while so bring it on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Byron has fractured a small bone in his hand by diving off the arm of one of our chairs, then broke his nose in a bike crash all within less than a year and a half. I'm just waiting to see what he breaks next, and hoping it's not Ayden! Glad everyone's feeling better!
Post a Comment