Monday, July 7, 2008

What a week!


This week has been an absolute whirl wind...

It started nice and simple but didn't stay that way long. We headed off to Florence on Wednesday night to stay with Bill and Kay on our way to Eugene for yet another eye surgery for Levi (that makes three this year). Linc had been a stinker all week and by stinker I mean colicky fussing, the ability to move more than when he was little and tantrums galore! PURE AWESOMENESS!! So on Thursday we packed up and headed to Eugene, leaving our expectations of Lincoln behind and hoping for the best both for Levi and Linc. Levi's doctor stayed after hours to do his procedure which went well and then came in the next morning, on a holiday, to do the post-op check which was SO nice. But back to the rest of our day Thursday. We tried to get some errands done and Linc did okay but we finally decided to head to Levi's sis in laws to let him take a nap before the doctor's visit. I went and put him on the bed because he fell asleep in the car and I didn't have enough hands to put the pack n' play up while holding a sleeping baby. I went back up stairs and of course the little guy woke up and started fussing but I let him be hoping he would go to sleep. About 5 minutes later Levi and I heard a thump, then a BIG cry... you guessed it, I am SO in the running for mother of the year! Little Master fell right off the bed. I had checked him twice and he was square in the middle of the bed, hadn't moved but apparently when mad enough he can squirm long distances. Ugg! So after checking him for injury it was time for the doctors! All of that went well, we tried to go out to dinner but when we left the table it looked like a box of graham crackers exploded. Friday was better, we went to a BBQ when we got back from Eugene, had a seafood feast and did some small fireworks. Saturday started out rough. Linc was still pretty fussy but we pushed through to accomplish our plans. First a funeral for an old family friend then another BBQ at Levi's Uncle Bruce's house. Linc and I sat in the car during most of the funeral while he screamed and tried to gouge out my eyes then at the BBQ he was definitely putting on a show... and not the kind that people pay money to see :0) He just had a hard week!
So this week we are attempting our first camping trip with him and I am hopeful... and yet SO nervous. I have no idea how sleeping arrangements are going to work and since my child can turn a single graham cracker into a gallon of spit paste I don't even want to see what he can do with limitless dirt, campfire smoke and no bath for four days :0/ OH MAN! Nonetheless I am TRULY looking forward to it. I love our family camping trip!

I tried to get some family pictures of us, for Kay to hang in her house, using the tripod over the weekend and this was the best I could do. Needless to say she wants to wait until we can have a person behind the camera!
Most of them looked like this;

I think he likes me? I always have a graham cracker/sweet potato slick across my chest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Linc (his tummy), Levi (his eyes) and YOU - what an amazing mom you are.......the patience of Job....at the very least!

Rachel Spore said...

you are a rockstar.