As a child I remember saying this phrase all to often, "how come the birds can fly", "how come the sky is blue" etc. but as an adult in this phase of life I find myself reverting back to this childhood saying more and more. How come my mood depends so heavily on my child? Yesterday was an awesome day! Lincoln was so happy, took TWO 1.5 hour naps (this is UNHEARD OF), played and squealed all day without a single tantrum!! I, consequently was a glowing beam of motherhood :0) I giggled all day, weeded the garden beds, took Linc for walks and all with an extra bit of bounce in my step. Three days ago I walked around as if my dog had just died or something all because Linc's tooth was giving him and I a run for our money. How come my mood depends SO heavily on my child?
I remember our pastor doing a sermon out of Romans quite a while back. It was on Romans 5:3-5;
And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us.
I need to be a person who perseveres during the toughest times. Being grumpy is a choice I MAKE because I am not trusting in the hope I have through Christ. Our pastor continued on to say "Stress doesn't produce bad behavior, week character does". A lack of perseverance and faith produces bad behavior. And so I continue on my journey to being a better example of God's love, working on persevering every day and being SOOO grateful for days like yesterday!!
I took a little tour of my garden this morning while Lincoln was sleeping. Summer has finally arrived fully to the Oregon coast and my plants and I couldn't be happier. I am also so very grateful for the place that God has given me to raise Linc on. I love going on a walk in the cool morning air, soaking in the dewy sun and tromping through the cold, wet grass. It is a wonderful place to reflect in.



My garden is doing great! We have about 15 spinach plants, a bunch of carrots, 8-10 bean plants, 2 potatoes and 8-10 red corn plus 8-10 pumpkins, and a few squash.
My garden is doing great! We have about 15 spinach plants, a bunch of carrots, 8-10 bean plants, 2 potatoes and 8-10 red corn plus 8-10 pumpkins, and a few squash.
3 comments:
Lovely post and beautiful pics! Love you!!!
Beautiful garden, I can tell it is a labor of love. So glad you had a good day with Lincoln, the good days will remain with you and the bad will melt away.
Wow, Ash. I agree with Kim, great post and gorgeous photos. I am jealous of your garden. There's nothing better than eating something you've tended to with your own hands. And so happy to hear about your good day with Linc! You are a FANTASTIC mother!
Post a Comment