Prepare for a whole lotta' bloggin'!

Within the first five minutes of arriving Ryan's quad somehow made it's way into a sink hole?!
Weird!
Yummy cantaloupe breakfast
Ryan forgot shorts... Day one = 90 degrees!!
Hmmm, imagine that, Levi found a tree to winch out.

But oh so fun!
This is the new face he makes all of the time!
Ian and his Indiana Jones hat
This crazy lady snuck into camp one afternoon and tried to jack my kid! The nerve!!
And of course it wouldn't be camping without a Levi sneer!
....
When we got back home on Sunday K's camp was in full gear! Linc and I stayed at home for a night then packed up, well really we just refilled our bags and headed to Grandma K's for a couple of days of "K's Camp of Chaos"! No really it is very orderly and an awesome time of adult fellowship while the children bond and play together. This year was the fourth year and each year seems to get better and better. There were 15 campers all under 8 years old! Linc was the youngling this year but that didn't stop him. He ate and slept and played until his little heart was content. He absolutely loves all of his cousins and was in heaven with all of those kids to watch! We played games, made crafts and music and took a short trip to the sand dunes. Levi even got in on the action, coming up after work on Monday to stay the night and help out on Tuesday. I just can't say enough about what an amazing vision K has for all of these little ones. She has truly created an environment each year that allows each of the children to fit right in despite the vast array of personalities. These children are quite amazing too. They are all so well mannered, compassionate and intelligent for such a young group. It is a delight to have Linc around so many great influences! I get quite a bit out of it too. All of the mom's have great insights on parenting to share. The past two years (last year I was PG this year I have Linc) have been so helpful, I get to come and pick each of their brains for parenting advice and I LOVE IT!
Happy critter

Byron playing with the dogs through the screen door
Timothy cruisin' on the floor (He is one month older than Linc)
Marissa reading
Kendra making ice cream and square dancing with uncle Levi


Getting ready to RUN!
Kaelyn playing red rover

Getting ready for kick the can
Coming home from the beach. Sorry everyone there is no more sand out there, I think it is all in Cathy and Susan's SUV's!!
Our family has been "camping" for 7 days straight! It is a Levi, Ashley, Lincoln family tradition to go on 4th of July week out to Smith River to our favorite camping spot (this year it got delayed a week). It is always our favorite camping trip of the year and it is usually the first. We love to invite a friend or family to go with us and always get our favorite spot right by the river. This year we invited Ryan, Aimee and Ian to go with us and it was a GREAT camp! Lincoln swam for the first time, assisted of course. He loved it! He also did SO good camping it was ridiculous. In fact he put himself on a schedule while we were out there, took 3 long naps a day at the same time and slept almost through the night for four nights! I think he was destined for living outside :0) Must be Levi's blood, not mine!! We split up the meal prep and little did we know that we would be the ecstatic recipients of some amazing dutch oven lovin'. Aimee and Ryan prepared us Cinnamon rolls one morning and southern baked chicken for dinner one night!! As Ryan would say "PHENOMENAL!". We had a great time overall and what a way to start off our 2008 camping season!
Aimee preparing the tent
Within the first five minutes of arriving Ryan's quad somehow made it's way into a sink hole?!
Weird!
"A' winchin' we will go, A' winchin' we will go, Hi Ho the dairy OOOO"(imagine a high pitched finally), A' winchin' we will go!!!"
he loves momma's camping chair :0) Ahhh, look at my little dirt baby taking a bath in the wheel barrel!
Our craw daddy feast
It was COLLDD!
....
When we got back home on Sunday K's camp was in full gear! Linc and I stayed at home for a night then packed up, well really we just refilled our bags and headed to Grandma K's for a couple of days of "K's Camp of Chaos"! No really it is very orderly and an awesome time of adult fellowship while the children bond and play together. This year was the fourth year and each year seems to get better and better. There were 15 campers all under 8 years old! Linc was the youngling this year but that didn't stop him. He ate and slept and played until his little heart was content. He absolutely loves all of his cousins and was in heaven with all of those kids to watch! We played games, made crafts and music and took a short trip to the sand dunes. Levi even got in on the action, coming up after work on Monday to stay the night and help out on Tuesday. I just can't say enough about what an amazing vision K has for all of these little ones. She has truly created an environment each year that allows each of the children to fit right in despite the vast array of personalities. These children are quite amazing too. They are all so well mannered, compassionate and intelligent for such a young group. It is a delight to have Linc around so many great influences! I get quite a bit out of it too. All of the mom's have great insights on parenting to share. The past two years (last year I was PG this year I have Linc) have been so helpful, I get to come and pick each of their brains for parenting advice and I LOVE IT!
Sonia getting tossed in the blanket
Happy critter
Byron playing with the dogs through the screen door
Getting ready to RUN!
Getting ready for kick the can
I think we are OD-ed on FUN!
4 comments:
I get so jealous when I see all of these wonderful pictures. I am so glad that he likes the out doors. I think that fresh air is the cure for a lot of things. Lincoln is getting so big. I miss you all so much Love mom
My favs are Linc's new face and the one of him with that crazy lady... ;0) Thanks for sharing all the fun K's Camp pics, too!
Memories, memories! Thank goodness for cameras! How fun to look back on these in 15 years! :)
looks like a fun week!! love you!
Post a Comment