Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Playdate Like No Other!

Right after Levi and I got married I was approached by one of his co-workers wives and offered a job working with her as a self employed housekeeper. She later told me that she would be giving up her business to be a stay at home mom. As Tasha grew and grew I admired her beautiful belly but was curious as to why she seemed to be growing SO fast then one day after work we somehow got on the topic, "You don't know!?" she said to me. "Know what?" I responded. "We are having FOUR babies!". In true Ashley form I responded with a resounding "SHUT UP!". Four babies... WHAT!? Tasha had several miscarriages and no one could figure out why. Finally they tried in vitro. The first time failed and so when approached with the opportunity to do a second round Tasha's child hood best friend stepped up and asked if she could carry Tasha's baby for her. Tasha agreed and since the chances of the in-vitro working on Tasha were small they proceeded to do the procedure on BOTH Tasha and her friend. A month later Both Tasha and her friend were pregnant and both with twins. Everyone was sceptical that Tasha's pregnancy would come to term but when she passed the 6th month, then 7th everyone knew that what was about to happen would be monumental! I believe Tasha delivered her twins first then her friend delivered almost two weeks later. There are three girls and one boy and they just turned two in May. BUT the story gets better. After years of struggling to get pregnant and then being blessed with four children all at once Tasha felt her family was complete but God didn't. She became pregnant again and yet hesitant to get excited because she knew how all the other pregnancies had turned out with the exception of the last. But again the 6th month came and went and so did the 7th, 8th, and 9th. Little Rhyn was born a month and a half after Linc! Baby number five completed there family :0) Tasha is an amazing mother. She has charted every poo, pee, nap and feeding since birth and still does to this day! The kids thrive in such an amazingly organized and effective environment. You would think that having four two year olds and a baby would be reason to buy stock in Excedrin but that is not the case with these little ones!
Linc and I went to visit our buddies this time with camera in tow! It was FUN! Four two year olds and an 8 month old... OH MY! They are delightful two year olds and the little one is SO laid back! I guess you kind of have to be laid back with four older siblings so close in age :0)


Rhyn- the newbie



Jaylon- poor guy, four sisters!
Ayla
Lenin- the ringleader!!
Mira
That isn't to say that these kids can't have a little fun!


In other news; Our lives are so close to taking yet another GIANT turn! Take a look:

SO CLOSE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo - I predict by Saturday!!! Love & hugs to you all

Cheryl said...

I can't believe he's almost there I wish he would wait until we arrived but if not get the video working thanks for the pics and the guads are getting so big and pretty. Love you mom

Amber Allen said...

he looks so focused! how cute!