We just got back from a very hectic two day journey to Eugene/Florence for Levi to have Lasik... again. That's right he is among the five percent or so that have unfortunate side effects from Lasik which resulted in this second procedure attempting to correct his vision one more time. He had triple vision, especially at night, and if you can imagine seeing all of the lights that would blind 20/20 eyes in triplicate then you can imagine his desire to try this procedure again. We were nervous that it would cause damage or even other side effects but much to our delight Levi is seeing better than he has in four years and it has only been about 36 hours since surgery. The staff was amazing and even prayed with him before the first cut was made. His doctor was astounded that he had lasted four years with a problem this bad and was hopeful for a good outcome. Levi still has some double vision but it is much improved. His sight will continue to improve for up to three months at which point it is unlikely that further improvement will be made. So we continue to pray that his eyes will heal well and improve beyond our hopes. Oh, and those cool glasses in the picture were the highlight of gossip all over town! He had to wear them all day while keeping his eyes closed and I am quite sure our waitress at the Olive Garden thought he was a couple inches short of a stiletto, if you know what I mean!
On another note, Levi's Lasik gave us a great opportunity to hang out with Bill and Kay on our way back and forth from Eugene. Here is a little picture of Linc enjoying the sheen on Bill's shiny bald head!
We have had a bunch of things going on here and there so here are some week in review pictures:
We were invied to go with some friends on a "Tide of the Toddlers" hike which is a program for toddlers to learn about the wilderness. It was so cute and it was an amazing trail to hike!
I have been taking lots of pictures of Linc for his six month birthday which is on the 21st. I took him to my favorite park in town and he tried the swing and the slide (with mommy's help) for the first time. Although he looks rather confused he was totally mesmarized by the squeaks of the swing so much so that I could hardly get him to look at me!
3 comments:
Wow! Great pics of Linc!! I especially love the last three. And your trail looks very fun--we'll definitely have to walk it next time we're in town!
Love,
Jamie :0)
Such a fun life God has blessed you with - enjoy every second! Praying for some excellent vision for Levi.......;0)
I'm glad to hear that the treatment went well this time! Looks like you are having a blast with Linc in the nicer weather! I would love to have lunch! Maybe next Tuesday in Florence? I'll call you this week!
Love you! Amber
Post a Comment