Wednesday, April 16, 2008

31 Days of Praying for your Husband

I hope that most of you defend your husbands spiritually by praying for them often. I love praying for Levi, it gives me such confidence in him through God (if that makes sense :0). So on top of yesterday's "heavy" post I wanted to share another conviction in my life and that is my prayer life. I often talk to God through out my day in a very casual kind of way and I know that he loves whatever he can get out of me but I want to do better. I want to be as detailed as possible and as Biblical as possible so that God has every chance to show his grace and mercy through answered prayers. I also want to spend A LOT more time listening to His answers (yes, no or not now). So, I am going to start working on my prayer and meditation which should help me iron out some of the kinks in my walk. I want to spend more time in the living room at his feet than in the kitchen working to gain that prideful recognition that I talked about earlier. I recently stumbled upon this list (I am a list person if you haven't noticed!) from the same website as the brokenness list. It is a great list of Biblical things to pray for your husband.

Day 1;
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines- Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)

Day 2;
Pray that your husband's relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)

Day 3;
Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of God. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)

Day 4;
Pray that your husband will grow leadership skills in your relationship-protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you widely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)

Day 5;
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that h will have you desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ's love for the church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)

Day 6;
Pray that your husband will love righteousness and hate wickedness, especially the evils of the culture. Pray that he will recognize and avoid wickedness in his own life, and if necessary, take clear, strong stand against evil. (Prov. 27:12; John 17:15; 1 Cor. 10:12-13)

Day 7;
Pray that your husband will safeguard his heart against inappropriate relationships with women. Pray that his heart will be pure and undivided in his commitment to you, (Prov. 6:23-24; Rom. 13:14)

There is one weeks worth of prayers for your husbands. For the complete list go to Revive our hearts.com and search 31 days of prayer for your husband. I also am going to be consulting this resource during my 31 days to pray for others and myself: http://christianwomentoday.com/prayer/jesusandprayer.html
I encourage you all to spend a little more time at His feet in prayer and worship and take a break from the Kitchen for a while ;0)
And for those of you who made it to the end of this longwinded post here are a couple of Linc shots with his puppy Echo:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - such spiritual growth! You sound so hungry...I bet God is jumping up and down with joy ;0)