Ronald Regan was president
Van Halen release their 6th album entitled "1984"
Average yearly income: $21,600
Movie ticket cost $2.50
Gallon of gas: $1.10
The AIDS virus was identified
The first Apple Macintosh went on sale
The first commercial CD player was introduced by Sony
DNA profiling was developed
Popular films: Ghost busters, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Beverly Hills Cop, The Karate Kid, The Terminator
Popular Musician: Phil Collins, Billy Joel, Tina Turner, David Bowie, Bananarama, Duran Duran
Popular T.V. Programs: Magnum P.I., Dynasty, Entertainment Tonight, Cagney and Lacey, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Cheers
AND I WAS BORN!!
That's right another year has gone by and I will turn 24 this week. I don't feel older that's for sure! I still see myself as about 20 but the few grey hairs on my head and those glasses I recently had to buy will tell you otherwise :0) I am okay with getting older, it's not like 24 is ancient. With each year I am feeling wiser and more at ease with who I am. Who ever said getting older was so bad?! I baked myself a birthday cake last week and made Levi sing to me then Bill and Kay took me out to dinner! Tomorrow my mom and Amber are coming over to celebrate a little then... drum roll please... I get to see my Dad on Tuesday! By far the highlight of my birthday week :0)
However, my Birthday present from levi does compete slightly with my Dad's visit. Last year my wonderful, handsome, amazing husband bought me mud flaps for my car.... I had no idea that I wanted mud flaps for my birthday! So you can imagine my anticipation for things to come this year :0) I shouldn't complain, he did get me a car for my 21st birthday and that was even before we were married, pretty cool if I do say so myself! So this year where did he take me to pick out my present?? G.I. Joe's (I refuse to call it just Joe's, but that is another blog!). Hmmm... "what was on my list from G.I. Joe's" you may be thinking and so was I ;0) Levi bought me a very cool camping chair recliner! Watch out Cuzn's Camp, my chair and I are on our way! But that's not all (although I thought that was it).
Levi then told me I could pick out any camera that I wanted!! Whoo Hooo!!! I have NEEDED a new camera for a while and so I was thrilled but after embarking on the purchase of something I know very little about I was beside myself. What do I get? How much should I pay? What will I use it for? etc. etc. Not to mention all of my questions about what lens does what and do I need a "bounce flash"??! Exactly... what's a bounce flash? So thanks to Sis in law Jamie and a little help from my mom and Levi's cousin, I decided! I am getting a Canon Rebel XT (350D) with a ton of extras (3 lenses, a bounce flash, a case etc.)!! Yeah! And I got free expedited shipping so it should be here SOON! It's like Christmas and I don't really even know what all the stuff I am getting does (it was a great deal and cheaper than all of the camera bodies with one lens that I could find, the bargain shopper I am couldn't pass up the package deal!)! It should be a TON of fun to figure out!


Levi then told me I could pick out any camera that I wanted!! Whoo Hooo!!! I have NEEDED a new camera for a while and so I was thrilled but after embarking on the purchase of something I know very little about I was beside myself. What do I get? How much should I pay? What will I use it for? etc. etc. Not to mention all of my questions about what lens does what and do I need a "bounce flash"??! Exactly... what's a bounce flash? So thanks to Sis in law Jamie and a little help from my mom and Levi's cousin, I decided! I am getting a Canon Rebel XT (350D) with a ton of extras (3 lenses, a bounce flash, a case etc.)!! Yeah! And I got free expedited shipping so it should be here SOON! It's like Christmas and I don't really even know what all the stuff I am getting does (it was a great deal and cheaper than all of the camera bodies with one lens that I could find, the bargain shopper I am couldn't pass up the package deal!)! It should be a TON of fun to figure out!



4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! That is soo awesome you got a camera!! WHOOOHOO!! Now the learning begins! LOL! :) haha
By the way, I love the pics on your blog header...nice lighting! :)
Hope you had a great birthday! 24...you are so young and I am so....
OLD. Ugg. Can't wait to see you next weekend! We're spending the night at J and C's too so we can all hang out after the kiddos go to bed!!
I cannot believe you and Jacob are 24. He, the old soul that he is, has always seemed older than his age but to hear it out loud doesn't seem real. Have a wonderful week and have fun with your dad!! ;0)
It sounds like you're having a GREAT B-Day week! Almost as good as mud flaps. Ha! Can't wait to get my hands on--er, I mean, SEE--your new camera gear!! ;0) Hmmm... I might have to try out that posh camp chair, too... :0)
Love,
Jamie :0)
Post a Comment