Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh Man...


My childhood home

Where do I begin?? I spent last week over at my mom and dad's house helping them pack up my child hood home to move on to New Mexico. It seems so surreal that I can't just go "home" anymore. Not that my home with Levi is anything less than "home" but I lived in that house for 16 years! For 16 years nothing ever changed (well, nothing to this extent), I never changed schools, I never changed churches. That was my life until I got married. My parents came over to my "New Home" for Easter which was really nice but this morning when they left to head south it was different, very different.


Papa and Linc: My dad absolutely adores Linc, it was great to seem then interact because Linc lights up every time he sees his Pa.




Grams and Papa with Linc before bedtime


Some of my old church family came over to say goodbye to my parents. They are all really neat people!


A visit with Uncle Jeremy (a couple of weeks ago). Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it up for Easter.



We had a wonderful Easter nonetheless and My sister, her husband, mom, dad and our friends were able to spend the day playing games, watching our friends little boy find Easter eggs and eating of course! It wouldn't be a Holiday in my family without a ton of food! I made a ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, bread, and my sis brought the salad. It was great, if I do say so myself :0) A couple of weeks ago I had my mom take some Easter pictures of Levi, Linc and I. Here are a few of my favorites:








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures - I know it's got to be hard to see them leave but how proud you must be to know your parent's follow God's leading - no matter the cost!!

Jamie said...

Wow! There are too many good pics here to comment on them all! I especially LOVE the new header, and that last pic of Linc!! I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
Love,
Jamie :0)

Amber Allen said...

I love you! Thank you for the wonderful Easter. Leo & I had a great time! Your "new home" is beautiful and you can always come to my "new home". You are so funny and sweet and hilarious and your cooking doesn't suck anymore! :) I'm so proud of you! Even Leo said the sweet potatoes were amazing (he hates marshmallows too). Personally I think your crazy, but to each their own.

Your my favorite sister!!
Love,
Amber

Amber Allen said...

P.S. That pic of mom, dad and Linc is priceless! I need a copy!!