Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Solid food... WHAT IS THAT!?




Linc started eating solid foods about 2 weeks ago and it is pretty funny! He is not sure about pretty much everything except apple sauce and rice cereal. I totally don't feel like I know what I am doing , how much of this... how much of that and when do I nurse, but I think we are figuring it out. Suggestions would be great!







Video overload!

We were able to go to a baby sign language class this morning. It was really fun and there are some amazing statistics out there on teaching sign languageto babies so we are going to give it a try. We'll see! I have to learn a little more first!

Cute Pic: This is what Lincoln looks like when he wakes up from his nap (sometimes!)! He is so funny :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - great job!! Jacob was a "no solid food" baby till almost a year old. Matthew on the other hand was eating cereal at about 6 weeks. We made his cereal with orange juice and he loved it! Fruits and veggies were ok, so long as they were orange and meat - NO WAY!! Good luck - one more thing - the straighter up (?) they sit the less choking...;0)

Anonymous said...

WOW - finally got to watch the last video - what is it that he is liking so much? Applesauce? Good job!

Ashley said...

Yes teri, he loves apple sauce and he likes sweet potato, prunes, and rice cereal so far! Thanks for the advice.. I straightened up his high chair and it seems to help a little I also started making the food much thinner and just adding breast milk to it so that he can just slurp it from the spoon.

Jessica said...

Food is sooo fun! :) - watch out for constipation because they're little bodies have to figure out how to digest all the new stuff!! :) Yes, the consistancy should be dripping off the spoon and VERY runny for a while till they get the hang of it. Also, only one new food every 3-4 days so you can watch for allergies. So, introduce one food at a time and try it for a couple days to make sure all is well and then a few days later, try another one. I didn't start Easton or Raquelle with solids until 5.5 months...so, even just some rice cereal for a month is great until his digestion gets caught up with the solids. A great great great book is "Super Baby Food"! - go to www.half.com and get one...tons and tons of great tips and advice! :) Happy feeding!!