I must have some serious prayer warriors out there because prayers are being answered around here! Lincoln has been consolable! He is still obviously in some discomfort occasionally but he can be cuddled through it without his little world crashing down around him. We have been doing much better. He hasn't had a really long crying spell in at least a week and the crying spells he has had seem to be directly related to him either being tired or of course his tummy ache. I can at least help him through the tummy problems now and the sleep crying is... are you ready... NORMAL! Finally something I understand. I know babies cry when they get tired, when they are hungry and when they need changed, it's all the other crying that Lincoln was doing that was throwing me for a loop. But we seem to be on the up side of things. Thank the Lord! He is still by no means a jovial baby but he is lovely to me just because I can help him now. I feel useful! :0) I can make a difference! He loves to be cuddled and during the day I let him nap right next to me and that seems to make a big difference. We had a developmental check up today with a program from the Hospital and the woman that came out to see us had two boys both with colic and reflux just like Linc. She provided me with a lot of comfort and said that I just had to make it through and it WOULD get better. I think it might be getting better already. At least we are having a good week. I am feeling much better which also helps the mood around the house. It was really tough to be positive while I felt so bad (if you couldn't tell from my last few relatively depressing posts :0). So thank you all, once again, for your prayers!
On another note I need advice: How do you take good pictures of newborns?? All of them look terrible; either blurry or Linc's face is all mushed or he is falling over or flailing! Any pose suggestions or helpful hints for a girl who definitely isn't best friends with her camera? He is adorable, I just can't seem to capture it when he is awake.
3 comments:
I'm so glad that things are going better this week! How can you NOT be a good momma, Ash, you care SO very much!!! He will just continue to get easier and MORE fun!!! I remember that about 3-6 months were my favorite times with the kids because they started smiling and talking and that kind of stuff!
As for the pictures...BEANBAG!!! They are awesome for newborns! If you don't have a beanbag, maybe just make a big pile of pillows, then cover them with a fun blanket and nestle him right down in there. I would love to take some pictures of him - we'll probably be down there around Christmas time. Also, Jess ROCKS at newborn pictures, I'm sure you can sweet talk her into doing some! :)
Sorry for the long comment. Love you lots - you rock, girl!!!
Ditto everything Kim said!! Linc is going to continue to get better and better and will be more and more fun!! Just wait, it will come!!
Yes, Beanbags are awesome! - and naked babies are even better! :) The key is to get them as close to a window as possible - no direct light. In a doorway, or somewhere where you can get in between him and the window...so you are shooting him in the light of the window. Try not to use your flash = he needs to not be moving or sleeping!! :) Have fun! and we'll see you in a few weeks!
My best pictures were always unexpected - usually sleeping or nestled with his dad. I must have 50 pictures of the boys asleep!! So glad things are going well lately - love you all.
Teri
Post a Comment