Friday, November 16, 2007

The Honeymoon is OVER!

Well Lincoln has been in the real world for almost four weeks now and he has decided that he isn't a fan. Levi and I have gone from having a relatively quiet child the first two weeks to having a baby that cries at least 3 hours a day for reasons beyond what Levi and I can figure out. He still shoots poop only now he has added a couple of new tricks... here is a typical diaper change: Mommy puts Linc on the changing mat, Linc curls up into a ball making diaper removal difficult, mommy finally gets diaper off, mommy wipes Lincoln off, Linc begins screaming (he hates wipes but they are a very effective mode of waking him up for a feeding), Linc shoots poop, mommy tries to contain the poop, Linc pees over his head, mommy tries to contain the pee while still trying to contain the poop, Linc shoots more poop, mommy starts giving up and finally Linc pukes up his meal. Yep, he has learned how to clean out every orifice (except his ears!) at pretty much every diaper change! I go through at least 3 diapers every time I change him, we have yet to use the cloth diapers because they would only last me the first 4 diaper changes if we were having a good day. Lincoln hates going to sleep, he refuses and cries through at least one nap every day, most days two. My friends have told me that most babies have a normal fussy period but my baby has two! One in the morning and one in the evening. He cries when you hold him, he cries when you lay him down and he doesn't stop for anything except food and man does he know where the food comes from. I can't walk into the room without him bouncing his face off of the closest persons arm or chest in search of food. He roots on anything he can get his lips on the minute he smells mom. It cracks me up most of the time except he has begun to just play around during feeding time causing my milk to spray him in the face at most feedings, making a mess of both Linc and I. I had my first unfortunate leaking experience last week also. I ran to town between feedings, BY MYSELF! while my mom watched Linc but I was in such a hurry to get out and back before he got fussy that I forgot to put in my breast pads and about half way to the store I noticed that I was dripping, literally dripping all over my car. I was soaked! I managed with a little ingenuity, but it was almost more than I could handle. Luckily, despite Lincoln's attempts to drive Levi and I crazy we have gotten through without yelling at each other or Linc although he has had a couple of stern talkings the past couple days. I have just about given up on trying to schedule this kid... he thinks it is a big joke I am pretty sure and it has just been stressing everyone including me out. Luckily he does sleep at night pretty well but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes too. To top it all off all three of us have come down with colds. Lincoln is about over his but Levi and I are still trudging through our days stuffed up and worn out. I hate to use the word "colic" but we could use prayer as we are definitely having our patience tested! I'll have some new pics next post but for now I need sleep while "little Master" is sleeping!

5 comments:

.kim.h. said...

Oh my gosh, your posts are hilarious! I'm so sorry the little master is difficult, but you sure have a way with telling your stories! :) I'm SURE he's still the cutest thing ever.

Jessica said...

I read this to Ben and we laughed the whole way through...I can just see your face while writing this out!! How frustrating!!!! I'm soo sorry! I'll be praying for you! Do you need more clothes for all the diaper changes???! :)

Ashley said...

I have learned with Linc to NEVER turn down clothes! He goes through at least three outfits per day along with all of those diapers!
Prayers are appreciated!! Uh Oh little master calls.. gotta go :0)

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a time you are having. Will beef up the prayers and give you one small bit of advice - RELAX...God makes babies pretty tough...He knew who would be trying to take care of his blessings!!;0)

Ashley said...

That is a very good point teri, He knew I would be trying to take care of him with all of my impatience! So God is giving me a run for my money!