Monday, November 19, 2007

One Month Old

Lincoln turned four weeks old yesterday and will be officially one month on the 21st. We had his one month appointment with the pediatrician today which left us with some unfortunate news. Lincoln has reflux. He is growing well, now weighing in at 10 lbs. but his crying which we assumed to be just normal fussing is FAR more than normal. Our doc said a "normal" amount of crying for a baby Linc's age and health is about 20 minutes! I could handle 20 minutes! Sadly Lincoln cries between 2 and 3 hours every day. Like I said we had no idea that it was abnormal although I didn't feel right just letting him cry it out. I knew something wasn't working, either his schedule or something else. It had been stressing me out and my stress hadn't helped Levi or Lincoln I am sure. Now we have some helpful hints from the doc to follow and a few different things to monitor over the next couple of weeks to see if we can't help the problem. So here are some specific things concerning Linc's reflux that we could use prayer for: Please pray that he doesn't get a feeding aversion which sometimes happens when babies associate feeding with pain. Also please pray that Levi and I can handle the next couple months, reflux often isn't out-grown until at least three months. It can last 8 months or longer. Finally pray wisdom for Levi and I, we may need to put him on medication if it develops into severe reflux. I know I promised pics this post but I haven't had time to take any! I'll get some new ones, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will continue in prayer - reflux is NO fun. :0( Hugs to all - Teri