Levi's grandpa Bud died this morning. He was an amazing man to say the least. Despite all the sadness I feel in the fact that I won't see him for a long while and that Lincoln will never get to meet him here on Earth I know he is much more comfortable sitting at the feet of Jesus up in Heaven than he was down here. He loved life and more than that he loved his family. Bud adopted me into the family as if I had always been there, instantly taking up the role of grandpa and mentor. He always inquired about my side of the family and my dad in particular because they shared a love for mechanics and John Deere! He reminds me of my Dad a lot, just a strong and endearing man.
Bud must have read through the Bible 15 times at least, that was one of the books always sitting on his side table and I know he cherished every word. He was so loving, so caring and so dedicated to showing people that he loved them no matter what. I am truly sad that my little boy will never get to meet Bud. I selfishly asked him to stick around until Lincoln came but I know God controls the time lines not me or Bud as I am sure he would have loved nothing more than meeting his newest grandson. Loosing someone like Bud is so difficult, he was just an amazing person in so many ways and he really lit up my life every time I saw him. He always had a new home-made lure or fresh bread or a jar of jelly for me each time I visited and he always wanted to know the update on how big my latest catch was compared to Levi. He was training me to be a master fisher woman! There are so many more memories of Bud I could share to demonstrate the kind of life he lived, the impact he made. Thank you Lord for giving me three years to get to know him, I just wish it were longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment