Get Lincoln reading
Teach Bear colors, shapes, numbers and letters
And I am pleased to announce that Linc is reading small, simple sentences and bear's got a VERY good start on his list! I'm amazed at how excited these guys have been to learn! Last year, pre-school with Lincoln was difficult. We trudged through and by the end of the year we had largely stopped all forms of real school. I'd sneak it in occasionally but he'd usually find out half way through and want to be done. This year both boys are loving it and not just the games but they've actually enjoyed some workbook stuff and more formal curriculum which makes this list checking momma feel a whole lot better :) We do loads of games still and more non-traditional schooling than the workbook stuff but I am excited that they've given those a try!
The boys also started AWANAS this week and were thrilled. They love it so much! We're going to start the local home school Co-op this next Friday as well... SO excited for that!! This area is really great for home schooling.
Bear and Willow had there annual checkups last week as well and are healthy-ish. With the exception of catching the latest crud from our extra social interactions they're doing great. My Bear is healthy as an ox and his speech is... wait for it... a little AHEAD of where he should be!! Praise GOD! To think this time last year he said a handful of words and a whole lot of "eh" is just crazy!! We're trying to potty train Bear.... it's NOT my favorite thing to do. And ya' know, "close" is just not close enough! He has #1 sort of down but that #2, well like I said, "close" is not close enough. Six inches short is totally not working for us but hey, he's at least in the right room?! Is that progress?? I say yes :) I say buy stock in bathroom cleaner because I'm using my fair share since we decided the no pant method was the necessary course of action! I miss diapers and so does he!! At the doctors office he peed everywhere and Low puked like nine times on me... we smelled SO good!
Low is doing good. Her sprinkling of happy dust is wearing off with the onset of teething :( She has FANGS! YES! I love that my kids get fangs! The doctor was awkwardly surprised and didn't quite know what to say! He blamed it on my genetics, ha! She is not the best teether with lots of unhappy days and some other, very un-lady like issues ;) I feel terrible for her so we spend lots of time cuddling on the couch while the boys wrestle. I love this little 9 month photo of Willis;
She looks half crazy ;) She's also been puking a lot and it's causing a weird rash on her chin... poor thing. She's having a bit of a rough spell.
These are Willow's 8 month photos from a month ago!


No comments:
Post a Comment