This guy is something else! He keeps me on my tippy toes, running after him, keeping him safe and snuggling him when he inevitably injures himself attempting another dare devil move. Notice the road rash up the side of his forehead courtesy of our utility trailer's grated ramp... apparently his face out ran his legs landing him head first. This kid!!

He is hilarious and a self declared "funny guy"!! He refuses to be called a big boy because that might suggest he'd have to go potty in a toilet... heaven forbid! Although I think this past week we've finally gained some ground! Barrett talks a LOT. Which is a HUGE difference from last year. His vocabulary now rivals his big brother's and when they aren't arguing for air time these two brothers love to have long, debate filled conversations that go a little something like this;
Linc; I know everything about pop sickles
Bear; I want a pop sickle
Linc; No Bear that's not a healthy food
Bear; YES LINCY
Linc; NO BEAR
Bear; YES LINCO
Linc; NO BEAR
Me; Boys
Linc; I know everything about monster trucks
Bear; I drive monster trucks
Linc; You can't drive
Bear; YES I DRIVE
Linc; NO BEAR
Bear; YES LINCO
etc
etc
They can continue the cycle for what feels like hours. Throw in a little pushing and wrestling and I've got a full fledged brothers duel for who knows the most about everything. It's amazing.
Bear loves tractors and garbage. He also thinks he's batman but is willing to share the title. For a while there we'd walk by him, randomly, and say "I'm batman" to which he'd yell "NO I"M BATMAN!". We got a kick out of it's predictability and would often quietly whisper "I'm batman" in his ear in public just so he'd yell "NO I"M BATMAN" and we could all get a chuckle ;) He now will respond with a very diplomatic, "We both Batman's" and he leaves it at that! Did I mention he has NO idea who or what a Batman is!
Barrett loves to read and cut and use glue and eat the glue and the paper scraps he cuts and then he really loves pretending to be the garbage man who picks up all the garbage and throws it away... awesome!! He thinks the garbage man is AMAZING. I wanted to throw Bear a garbage party complete with barrels of toxic waste party favors and loads of other disgusting things but I just couldn't get my act together and so we had a wonderful little tractor party... with a monkey pinata and some random party stuff I had on hand... don't call me to plan your next party :) He loved it though mostly because I made him dark chocolate, coffee laced cupcakes! If Bear finds a cup of coffee don't be surprised if he drinks the whole thing. And forget about the sugar and cream, he likes it thick and black... I think he's going to have hair on his back before he turns five.
My Barrett is such a blessing to this family and to think that just three short years ago he entered our lives blows me away. It seems like its gone so fast but I can't even remember what it was like to have just one kiddo! We love you SO SO much Barrett Wayne and we can't wait to see what God has in store for your amazing little life!!!










1 comment:
Hmmm - Coffee and dark chocolate. How in the world would great-aunt influences travel so far? Love you Barrett Wayne! Have a wonderful new year of growing, learning and loving!
Post a Comment