Friday, December 23, 2011

Willow Caroline Harris

 Well for those of you who haven't heard Willow Caroline made her way into the world on December 16th! She is a wonderful baby and we've enjoyed her first week of life so very much. Lets rewind and relive the birth shall we? Just for scrapbook sake :)

I was technically due on December 14th... it didn't happen! I have never been overdue with a baby so this was a new thing and it wasn't my favorite, at all. December 14th came and went and I wasn't even having braxton hicks contractions. There was nothin'. December 15th came and my sweet friend Angela, who was about a week late with each of her four and felt my pain, brought me truffle pop sickles and flowers :) It brightened my day and gave Willow just the nudge she needed to start moving. At around 11:00 p.m. I called labor and delivery with some questions and they said to come in so I woke Levi up (he'd just gone to bed) and since my contractions still were pretty far apart he hopped in the shower to wake up and we killed a little time just packing and whatnot then headed out to the hospital. Oh the third baby, how nice it is to not be panicking during labor :) We made it to the hospital, they did a quick check and sure enough I was 3cm and 100% effaced so we checked in and made ourselves cozy. Levi called Bill and Kay and they started their way down. Bill stayed with the boys while my mom and Kay joined us at the hospital. My labor wasn't terrible... for labor :) The shower worked wonders this time so I stayed in there and prayed that the hot water in the hospital was never ending. Sure enough I never ran out! Thank you giant hot water heater! At around 4:00 a.m. I could feel Willow moving and making her way through and at around 4:50 I pushed a couple times and out she came at 4:59 a.m.! She weighed 7lbs 12.7 ozs. and was 20.5in long.

Recovery has been good. I've been a bit queezy feeling and lightheaded but all the other stuff has recovered quicker than I remember with the boys. I still have my lovely cough and cold but I don't think I coughed during the entire labor! Willow is so calm so far and really snuggly. She loves to be held by her big brothers who absolutely adore her. Lincoln has held her everyday since we got home and reads and sings to her about protecting and caring for her. It's so adorable. Barrett loves her and will share even his most stinky and special blanky with her. Today he helped me calm her while I was changing her diaper and he brought me every blanket out of his bed because I told him she was cold. They are SO sweet with her! Willow loves to watch them and be loved on by them. We've had my parents and my sister over for the past few weeks (Amber gets to come and go a bit but she's been here a lot!) to help with the boys and give me some rest. Willow is getting pretty spoiled :) We are super excited to celebrate Christmas with our three kiddos!
First meeting :)

Lincoln reading his Captain Lincoln story to his new sister in the hospital.
Happy poppa :)

Just got home!

He couldn't be happier!

Barrett got a new tractor... and couldn't be happier :)

Grandma to three!

I did my first few "real" photos of Willow today... I think she is so beautiful if I do say so myself! More to come!

I lover her wrinkly little face :)

Hopefully later this week I'll get some photos of all three of my kiddos together... that might be wishful thinking :)

No comments: