Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seattle Getaway


I've wanted to go to Seattle for a long time. I've never ventured north much and well, I'm not usually a traveler but Seattle just intrigued me. The fish market, the Space Needle, Pier 70 where THE Real World Seattle was made... yes, I loved that show when I was in middle school. I wanted to check it out so for our 6th anniversary and my 27th birthday Levi planned us a trip north to visit the BIG city! We had so much fun shopping, walking, spending time together while the boys had an equally good time at Grandma Kay and Grandpa Bill's place. It was an excellent trip!

We started the trip off right with some shoppin'! We found ourselves a Cabela's and while Levi said he didn't have to stop, I knew he wanted to so we did.
Cabela's was like a zoo and aquarium and shopping mall all in one. There were amazing animal mounts everywhere, a small aquarium and all the hunting, fishing and outdoors stuff one could ever want. Levi found some good stuff and I found this;
Move over Chanel, Swamp Donkey's in the house! Oh the smell of a swamp donkey... can you believe people (Uhum, my hubby) actually spray themselves with this to attract an elk!
After I got all of the jokes and inappropriate things I could possibly think of concerning the swamp donkey stuff out of my system we went to dinner. We met up with some good friends that just so happened to be adventuring in the big city at the same exact time without most of their kiddos too!
 We ate at a great Mexican food place where Levi ordered this cave man style plate of lamb;
it was picture worthy ;)
For our first day in Seattle we decided to take it slow A) because we were slightly overwhlemed :) and B) because we were planning on going to church at Mars Hill that evening. So we woke up Sunday morning, enjoyed a leasurly breakfast and drove into the city. We explored around a bit but it was raining so we post poned all of the walking activities until Monday hoping for better weather. Levi and I grabbed lunch at the a nearby WholeFoods (I can't pass up a WholeFoods) and we found the church for the evening service. It did NOT dissapoint! I've watched sermons online from their teaching Pastor Mark Driscoll for over a year now and I was SO excited to get to go visit the church in person! It was the highlight of the trip for me. It was a great sermon and the worship was amazing!

After church we headed to our hotel and woke up the next morning to venture into downtown Seattle. We hopped aboard the Light Rail which took us above and below the city, landing us oh so conveniently in Nordstroms!
It was at this point that I noticed my model was no longer loving the camera :)

From there we went to Pike's Market, shopped some more and just had a good time wondering through the shops and the busy streets in PARTLY SUNNY weather!


The Seattle Art Museum
Pike's Market

 We took the mono-rail over to the space needle. It drove right through the Music Experience Project Building;


The grand old Space Needle which we were too cheap to go up in :) It was just as cool standing down below!
 We walked around the space needle area for a while which was really neat. There was a little garden area, a science museum for kids a few other kid friendly things that I think I might have to take Lincoln and Bear to in a couple of years. Levi found this fancy giant art thing that he liked ;)
Maybe he's not so sick of the camera!


 We walked so much! It was nice and relaxing. The next morning we headed for home. I spotted a giant Target right next to a Costco in Wilsonville so I made Levi stop. While we were shopping the rain started coming down in BUCKETS. We got back on the road after trying to wait it out and just as we were leaving Wilsonville a warning came across the radio for severe thunderstorms and tornado's! It was an exciting end to our little adventure. I was so happy to see my boys when we got home. I sure did miss them and still can't decide if all the missing was worth the trip but I really enjoyed my time alone with the hubby. He's a great hubby!!

No comments: