Monday, January 3, 2011

Did I just say that?!

I find myself wondering that more and more these days! As I sat here typing my next post, my dog barking outside I got up to see what was the matter, Bear frantically helped me to the window. At first glance I didn't see anything then I looked again and there was a very unusual looking old man in a long gray trench coat walking up my road... my VERY muddy, four wheel drive required road. I nonchalantly look at Bear and say "don't worry Bear, it's just a creapy guy in a trench coat". Hm. That's odd.

this pic really has nothing to do with anything except that its awesome that my son can hold three bagels at the same time
The other day I was on the phone and the dog again started barking this time I told my friend "oh it's just some sheep". She asked if I needed to go wrangle them but I felt them worthy trespassers and let them be. And then there was the phone call with my sister in law that ended in "Barrett don't chase your brother with the hatchet!" to which she so eloquently said "I think you should go". "Oh no, no", I assured her, "It's just a toy" :) Those are the cleaner things I have caught myself saying, not to be outdone by the less clean things like "don't poop in the bathtub", "No, REALLY stop pooping in the tub", "watch where you pee" and "aim high buddy" while assisting my little man in peeing into the really tall toilet at our Walmart. Oh the bathroom brings out the best in me! Then there are the day to day things that have become normal like "don't eat your shoes", "we don't put dinos up our noses" and " let's not touch other peoples boogers". Oh my. Look how far that bachelor's degree in science has got me! At least I can explain the physiology and necessity of boogers correctly to my kids!

Edit to add; tonight took the cake.... said to Lincoln; "Isaac get off the alter. I will not kill you tonight". What can I say, it's one of his favorite games!

No comments: