

Well today is Bear's birthday. He is officially ONE YEAR OLD! Where oh where has time gone? He is so smiley happy and still squishy as ever :) I love him so very much. He is taking a few steps here and there, getting ready to run! I've been meaning to get an appointment made for his well baby check up but, well, we've been camping. So I don't know any of his stats other than he's healthy and eats like a hog :)
We just got back from cousin's camp on Sunday which was preceded by Hart mountain camp (from whence that crazy pic below came) and since I am on photo overload with all these trips and birthday and whatnot you're going get a jumbled mess of plain Jane pics... lets just hope I can post them in order :)
Let's start with the Hart mountain camp. It was hot. The End. No really it was HOT like Bill put the thermometer on the table outside the camp trailer and within ten minutes it read 113! The boys didn't nap for five days, pretty much, and we were all sweaty sticky messes... but we made LOADS of memories. We saw so many antelope, went on a bunch of road hunts and got caught in a wonderful thunderstorm that brought back memories of the New Mexico storms. It was so beautiful. The scenery was amazing and we camped right next to an old mustang corral. It was breathtaking! We awoke each morning to the sound of coyotes yipping and the wind rustling the tall grass. Toward the end of our trip a fire broke out after the storms rolled through and so a lot of the area was closed off. That was exciting :) Levi didn't get his buck and to be honest he was pretty disappointed with the deer he saw but he enjoyed getting familiar with a new area and hiking some new country.




Trying to stay cool and entertain ourselves!





Chasing sage grouse (I think?!)










1 comment:
Wow - so much fun squished into a few pics - love you all!
Post a Comment