Saturday, June 19, 2010

THE Video

Well it's about time that I show you all my attempts at bull wrangling while carrying a two year old through the rain (be sure to listen carefully, Linc whispers at certain points);


We were eventually successful... I think... they did come back but this time we invited them nicely and their dad brought them over, tied to the rear axel of his quad (Yup, hilarious!) and placed them in the pen next to our house. So the poo was contained in an area that I am okay with having poo.

We've been enjoying "summer" huddled inside our house watching the wind and rain. Actually it's been sorta' clear for about a week now so we've managed to get some outside time. I am about ready to buy a natural light lamp so my poor boys don't develop a vitamin D deficiency. This is rediculous!! I tell you. Yes we are pail and cold. Yes we want desperately to go outside. Please someone tell the sun that we don't bite... usually :0)

In other news I have reached new lows as a mother. I took the boys over to a friends house the other day and they've got it all, chickens, cows, jacobian sheep (awesome). Linc immediately fell in love with my friends two year old boy and off they ran herding a stray chicken back into the pen and marching all over one right after the other. At one point my friend told me that the play structure they were playing in used to be the chicken coop and to be sure to wash Linc's hand really well when they were done playing to which I so humbly responded "oh don't worry Linc was crawling around in cow poo this morning"... WHAT!? I thought immediately after saying that. Since when are chicken poo hands okay just because they were covered in cow poo first? Oh my. I washed Linc's hands don't worry and as of yet he has no ecoli, salmonella or distemper :0) And just to make myself feel a bit better my boys are accustomed to two baths per day just because of the cow poo. I am clean. I swear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too, too funny - I loved it ;0) You all need to come to NM - PLENTY of sunshine here!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

YES Please come visit. We would love to see you again. Finally we are getting some rain, but it's usually in the evenings or at night and the days are still sunny and bright.