Do you all remember this picture? From this post? Well I haven't forgot that dream... about being a ...you know... rodeo princess! I still wanna' do it and while my fear of horses is slowly subsiding thanks to Lincolns love for the horse across the street I haven't really come any closer to my dream... my destiny :0) That is until tonight! We had a wonderful BBQ with some friends and when I pulled into our driveway I was confronted by something unusual. Had I not the natural nack for all things rodeo (HA!) I would have run but I didn't. What I saw in my driveway brought me one step closer to holding that flag... there were TWO BULLS (albeit yearlings) standing in my yard with the smell of my newly planted daisy's on their breath and munching on our "well" manicured lawn. IT, my friends, was an awesome site. Levi pulled in on his quad right behind me and the two of us wrangled these bulls back onto their side of the fence both of us holding a child and working in tandem. It was just as magical as that fateful evening when I saw this here rodeo princess riding in all her glory, chaps flapping alongside the horses main and the Star Spangled Banner filling the dusty air. Some day people. Some day.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
One step closer
Do you all remember this picture? From this post? Well I haven't forgot that dream... about being a ...you know... rodeo princess! I still wanna' do it and while my fear of horses is slowly subsiding thanks to Lincolns love for the horse across the street I haven't really come any closer to my dream... my destiny :0) That is until tonight! We had a wonderful BBQ with some friends and when I pulled into our driveway I was confronted by something unusual. Had I not the natural nack for all things rodeo (HA!) I would have run but I didn't. What I saw in my driveway brought me one step closer to holding that flag... there were TWO BULLS (albeit yearlings) standing in my yard with the smell of my newly planted daisy's on their breath and munching on our "well" manicured lawn. IT, my friends, was an awesome site. Levi pulled in on his quad right behind me and the two of us wrangled these bulls back onto their side of the fence both of us holding a child and working in tandem. It was just as magical as that fateful evening when I saw this here rodeo princess riding in all her glory, chaps flapping alongside the horses main and the Star Spangled Banner filling the dusty air. Some day people. Some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment