
Amber and I took the boys to the pumpkin patch last weekend. I was all excited to take Linc on the hay ride and to drink apple cider. In fact I ranted to Amber about how I didn't care how much the hay ride cost I was going to take my boy on that ride! But when we pulled into our town's "pumpkin patch" I was sorely disappointed. There were pumpkins but they were just sitting, already cut off the vine, in what looked like someones yard. There was really nothing special about it. I could have bought a dozen (far cheaper) pumpkins from the grocery store and sat them in our yard for Linc to choose from and he would have had just as good a time! Luckily Linc wasn't as disappointed as I was :0) First of all he LOVES Amber, LOVES her. And secondly he wasn't too terribly interested in the pumpkins. He kept saying how messy they were and he didn't want to get down to inspect them at all. Eventually he warmed up and trucked around the yard in search of his favorite pumpkin, and we found it. I spent much of the time taking pics from the car while nursing Barrett but Amber made sure Linc had fun... she is such a good Auntie! Next year we decided to make the trip out to Springfield to go to our childhood pumpkin patch and we'll be SURE to ride the hay ride and drink some cider!When we got home we ate the picnic that we were supposed to eat at the pumpkin patch but decided it would be too awkward to eat in the middle of someone yard surrounded by pumpkins :0) Amber and I thought Linc would enjoy carving the pumpkins with us but after making the first few cuts we realized that it would be crazy to let a two year wield a knife around a pumpkin... what were we thinking?! So we carved them up, Amber did most of the work since she is the artsy one and they turned out great! 

Linc found this deer target and spent a good while investigating that instead of the pumpkins :0)

Heading back to the car;

Amber carved the family name and the stars on the pumpkins in the very top pic and she made the "drag queen pumpkin" (top left) and the "grumpy owl" (top right). I made the "ambiguous animal" pumpkin (bottom) that, based on your own artistic interpretation, could be a mouse, tiger or puppy. You be the judge :0)

Amber got Linc this tiger costume to play around in. He loved it! He's so cute!!

Despite my initial disappointment in the pumpkin patch we did have a great time! And I got to spend the weekend with my great sis! Thanks Amber for coming down and hanging out with us for the weekend!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the great pics. You are such a great mom. There are several places to go to the pumpkin patch if you can't get out to Hendricks. Love ya
Post a Comment