Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Sweet Almost Two Year Old and My Little Peanut


This is it... the best picture I can get of my almost two year old little monster! Yes it is blurry, really blurry but he is smiling ear to ear as he runs around the front yard pretending to build a Bonn fire. Yep, he pretends to build fires. I know. I am in trouble. Levi and I have talked about his new found love for pretend hunting and now for pretend fire building and we know. We are in trouble. He pretends all kinds of things now and oh my, I don't think I have ever seen or heard so many crazy things in all my life :0) He has one active imagination, that is for sure. He has been watching "Finding Nemo" (his favorite and only movie :0) and he now tells everything not to touch the boat... what boat?! There is no boat but don't touch it! He loves telling his stuffed animals "NO! Touch boat" and "Momma no touch boat". He is especially entertaining on car rides because he never stops talking. He "eats" trees by pretending to grab them through the window and putting them in his mouth. He talks to all kinds of people that aren't really there, Ian, GG, Grams, Gramy, and Uncle Jamie... yep he calls his wonderful AUNT Jamie, Uncle Jamie! He gets names really confused sometimes :0) I am working on it Jamie!! He pretends that Grandpa Justin and Grandpa Bill are driving his little tractor toys and he absolutely loves pretending that he is a car or airplane. He'll be walking through the house and all of the sudden his arms are straight out to the sides, he starts making this loud noise like an airplane jet and he starts running and swerving through the house like he is flying through the air. Oh and speaking of airplanes sometimes at the table he will pick up a piece of food and start flying it in the air space above his plate or he'll tell me that his piece of toast is a fishing pole and his string cheese is a fish :0) On a much more disturbing note, this afternoon he grabbed his wagon and told me he was going shopping at Walmart! I am raising the next generation of Wal-Martians :0) He is just hilarious!!

Barrett is great. I think he is in his fussy stage of life but he is still pretty mellow and easy going. He has great hair. Random, I know but I notice his perfect, natural Mohawk every morning after his bath. It is SO cute!
Just look at it!
He is such a thinker but I am pretty sure he has smiled on purpose twice. Not one of them was at me :0( And I can't get him to do it again! I am trying.





He is getting his neck under control and is really getting good at tummy time. He actually likes it!

He is such a good baby and so fun to have in the house. He talks quite a bit now, little coos and oohs that are so sweet! He is getting big and is in some of his 3-6 month clothes. I think that now that we have made it past the 6 week marker things are starting to find their own rhythm and the boys are finally getting used to our new normal!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful pics. Linc is awesome so many kids don't have an imagination. Barrett is precious. They will be so big come November. Love ya and give my boys a hug for me.

kit-kat-katie04 said...

Oh my goodness, Bear already looks so much bigger, he is so adorable. And you guys don't even need technology in your house with Linc, I can't wait to see you guys in November!
Love you all. :)

Amber Allen said...

Hey Ash, Ray wrote that he's running the steam engine on Oct 18. What do you think?