Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I was right... I hope

So a couple posts back I mentioned Bear being in his "fussy stage of Life". Lets just hope this is a stage. He now fusses about 4-6 hours a day. At least it isn't usually straight screaming, it's more of whining and whimpering and a few good screaming fits mixed in. I just pray that it is a short stage and not a month or two or three! That would really stink. Lincoln gets to watch Nemo (I have got to get some other good videos for the poor kid) while I try to get Bear situated and then I just put him in his crib and let him go at it. Linc doesn't like it. One bit. He says "Momma Bear fussing, Momma pick up!", telling me to pick Bear up and fix it :0) He tries to console Bear sometimes, dancing and singing to him but quickly gives up and starts trying other techniques like pulling on his arms or head butting him (both are usually loving gestures luckily, just a little too rough). Bear cries everywhere we go. He is usually good in the morning and content but then by about 2 or 3 in the afternoon he is a non stop fussing, spewing, clawing mess. I tried to take the boys grocery shopping today and it was a scene :0(

Lincoln has decided that naps aren't for him even though he desperately needs them. I send him to his room for quiet time, I check on him every five minutes for the first half hour then I let him be and he plays quietly for the rest of his two hour "rest time". At least he stays put and doesn't come out of his room until I go get him and I finally got him to stop destroying his room during rest time. Ug! He is a great little boy though. He is learning to roll with the punches of being a brother very quickly and I think he likes his new role as BIG brother :0) He turns two next week and I just can't believe it but that deserves a post (with pictures ) of it's own!

3 comments:

justjuli said...

sounds like you're doing a great job Ashley! hang in there!

a good friend of mine has a 6 month old and when he was about Bear's age he started getting fussy. she was breastfeeding and found that cutting out wheat and garlic from her diet made (and still makes) a huge difference. i know other ladies that have cut out dairy and had huge success. just wanted to put that out there in case it helps!

keep up the good work!

Ashley said...

Oh Juli, Juli, Juli :0) Please don't mention cutting out foods! I had to cut out about twenty things with Lincoln for four months and it was right at thanksgiving and Christmas and it was the worst thing ever... BUT it did make all the difference. I have been avoiding that idea :0)

And thanks so much for your encouragement! It helps so much to have good buddies who believe in you :0)

Jill said...

I'm sorry Ashley! That stinks, but I think you're smart for just sticking him in his crib to yell it out--better than chucking the kid out a window, isn't it?! I have been tempted toward the window idea more than once...

If you ever want to take Lincoln with you to grocery shop stress-free, just let me know and I will watch Bear for you! I'm not talking as "daycare", I mean as a friend! I would love to! Don't worry about "imposing", because you wouldn't be! He is so stinking cute! You could just drop him off, shop, then pick him up on before you go home! :o)

I hope you don't have to cut foods again, that would suck. Can't wait to see you and the little men Friday!