Dudes, we need help!! With only a little under a month left to go (probably less than that) we have no name for this little guy. We developed our top five lists but Levi's top five is a lot different than my top five and we have NO idea about middle names at all. I have spent hours looking through different name websites, books and various other sources ( even gone as far as looking through the Cabella's catalog in search of an "outdoorsy" name) but still nothing is sticking out, shining like a star, hitting the nail on the head etc. etc.. So here's what we're working with right now (please, if you hate it be nice... we've worked hard!);
Levi's top five-
Umpqua
Cor
Tracker
Dane
Barrett
Ashley's top five-
Wynn
Dane
Otto
Adler
Emerson
Like I said nothing is really sticking out and the only name that matches on both lists is Dane but I can't come up with a middle name that seems to fit with Harris... I just can't get comfortable with it. I like Barrett but I don't like Barrett Harris, it's too... too... too I don't know what but I just can't get passed saying Barrett Harris. We would call him Bear but I wanted something more formal so that he didn't always have to be called Bear if he didn't want to. Levi REALLY like Tracker and he doesn't care for anything on my list except Dane. We are STUCK! I thought naming Lincoln was tough but I am SO happy with his name, it sounds great when I am yelling at him in public :0) Now if only we could come up with something equally great to holler, just kidding! Any suggestions, middle names, first names, ANYTHING!
13 comments:
So here's a thought -- Since Lincoln's name is, well, Lincoln...have you considered going with a "presidents" theme? I have some friends who did this with their kids and I think it turned out well. They named their kids Reagan, Carter, Harrison and Kennedy.
Here's a link to a list of president's names: http://www.presidentsusa.net/presvplist.html
Since you and Levi seem to like the uncommon, my faves (from the president's list) are McKinley, Wilson, Cleveland and Buchanan (Buck for short?)...I think they'd all go well with Harris (you could even use Dane as a middle name!).
Praying that inspiration strikes! We had a heck of a time deciding on a name for Seth, I know how stressful that can be!!! But you'll find one, he won't go through life nameless. :)
Ooh, Thanks Juli! Some good suggestions :0) I'll run 'em by Levi for sure!
Hey you I still think you should use Justin. And you know I like Samuel Henry Harris. Another name we heard the other day is Josiah. I do like the presidential name and McKinley is really cute. Anderson is a nice name. You'll figure it out. Love mom Dad says Jason, Happy Gillmore. Luke Sky Walker and Obi Won Kanobi Jeremy goes for Tuwjuan Porter, Micheal, and Adolf
I love The president Idea of Carter and McKinley (you could call him Mac) and Dane would be a great middle name for either of them... I also LOVE one of (gasp) Levi's names... Barrett is one of my favorite names. Ashley, I also LOVE the name Emerson... Barrett Emerson Harris is an awesome name. I also have been loving the name Keaton, Cullen and Breken... they are all such strong names. Have a GREAT time camping, I am a little jealous that you get to spend the time with Kim and vice versa... good lck naming your little man... something will stick!!!
Oh I am so glad I did this post :0) I was hesitant at first but then I thought "what the heck, someone might just throw something out there"!
Jenni, we both like Barrett a lot... your encouragement might just have done it :0)
But I like the sound of Lincoln and McKinley a lot!! What about Winston and we could call him Win?? Yeah! I feel progress happeneing!! Thanks for the emails coming in with name ideas too!!
Or Ash... you could name him Rockit... I am just saying!!!! :)
Rockit. Yes!! FO SHO.
Oh, and I LOVE Barrett. Lincoln and Barrett sound good together!!! :)
Dane Connor Harris - I also like the suggestion of Barrett Emerson Haris. Good luck Honey. ;0)
One of Calleigh's little friends at church is named Barrett and he is the sweetest thing. On her own she started calling him Bear. I love that name! I like Mckinley as well both very strong names. Good luck! I can't wait to hear what you guys decide!
Wow! Great idea to post this!
My latest fav is Judah.
It could be Dane Carter Harris, or Eithan Dane Harris, etc. hmm. I think everyone is giving great suggestions!
I also like Abraham haha, cause then you would have Abraham and Lincoln.. haha just kidding.
Love you and good luck with it all, I still hope you keep Dane in the name somewhere.
Wow what great idea's. I also love the name Barret. And if you pick a two syllable name for the middle name it breaks up the Barret Harris hardness. I tested yelling Barret. Sounds good. Go out and yell it a couple of times, it helps. Maybe Barret McKinley Harris? Or since you both like Dane and you can't find a middle name to go with it, just leave it Dane Harris. Who say's he has to have a middle name.
I love Dane, Wade loves Barrett (because he's obsessed with our next son being named "Bear"), and I love all of the other ideas for presidents' names that people are coming up with!!! You know, there's always "Barack" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Just kidding!
Post a Comment