
Yes, I made that last word up. There is simply no other way to describe my husband, his uncle and father over the past two days without using that term. Levi told me he was going to go cut wood on Thursday morning. I said "great can we come?" to which Levi responded "I don't want to take Linc out in the boat with this much wind". Hmmm... since when did cutting wood require a boat? Ah, but I forgot that for Levi, Bill and Bruce cutting wood (which is a favorite past time) is just not as much fun unless you turn finding the wood into an adventure. So off he went at 7 a.m., calling me around 2 p.m. to announce they made it back to the dock and were going to start cutting... that equals 7 hours of collecting?! What the heck were they doing??! Well I drove to the designated wood cutting spot to find my hubby and his buddies with a two GIANT logs sitting on the boat launch chopping and sawing away. Mind you Bill is 65-ish and Bruce, sorry to say, is no spring chicken ;0) But that didn't stop those two. Bill and Bruce chopped as much if not more than my thirty something year old hubby, laughing and having a grand old time all the while. I just love watching Levi and those two work... it's hilarious!! After finishing the guys were pretty set on going back to collect even more wood the next day because 2 chords just isn't enough when there is premium wood still sitting on the shore of some distant logging road. So again Levi took off from the house around 7 a.m. and when I joined them at 4-ish they had filled the boat launch with even more wood...WOW! We ended up with a total 4+ chords of wood and Bruce took home two truck loads of bark for campfires around his place. It was really amazing!
These last two are just of Linc having fun... wood maggot in training ;0)

These last two are just of Linc having fun... wood maggot in training ;0)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Bill and Bruce for all of your help and Lynnae and Kay for loaning out your husbands to do some back breaking work!

1 comment:
GO wood maggot's!
I love the way Levi does thing. He's totally over the top, HMMM like Daniel, Justin, and Pappy. No wonder I like him so much.
Post a Comment