Sunday, March 22, 2009

Only 159 Days to Go

That's what that little ticker at the top of this blog says about our pregnancy, only 159 days to go. Levi and I talked about how many kids we'd have before we got married and two was the number and I only have 159 days left to enjoy this experience if that is in fact what we decide to do. Luckily Levi and I have decided that two might not be enough, it could very well be plenty though :0), we're leaving our options open. So I find myself taking in the details of this pregnancy with a whole different outlook. Despite the puking and food aversions, which seem to grow in number by the minute, I am enjoying the first noticeable movements of this little one SO much. I am trying to make an imprint in my memory of just how many awesome things there are to pregnancy like those little butterflies that mean this baby is happy and healthy and the wonderful feeling I get when I hear his/her heartbeat.



I had a check up this last Friday and I am climbing up the scale gaining a total of 5 pounds in the first trimester. You can finally see a little baby bump although our friends came over last night for dinner and the husband commented on how disappointingly pregnant I looked. What was he expecting?! I am only 16 weeks ;0) I seem to get that comment a lot these days. It's because instead of getting the "bump" I go through this prolonged phase of "beer belly" pregnancy where the baby takes up just enough room to push out my little gut over my pants... it's awesome. It happened with Linc too and was an unexpected disappointment then too.



The baby is doing great and Julie could only get the heartbeat for about 3 seconds at a time and then the little thing would kick and move, oh dear. Our ultrasound to find out the sex of our next addition is on April 3rd. I am more excited about this one than I was about Linc's. This one seems so monumental, will Linc have a brother or sister? I've asked him and depending on the time of day, his mood and whether there are crackers in the room he wants a brother... no a sister... no another Echo. He has NO idea what is going on!



I finally started picking up my camera again so things should start getting more interesting around here :0) Anyone in need of a shoot!? I could use a refresher. I followed Linc around the yard today and this is what my beautiful boy does when asked to smile:

3 comments:

Rachel Spore said...

Titus is always ready for shoot! and game for just about anywhere you can put him AND today I think he actually smiled for me and the camera! - awesome!

More puking? OH DEAR!

mclegg17 said...

Look at that face... LOVE IT!!! I am so glad that you are able to at least look through your view finder again!!! I am so excited for your ultrasound... cannot wait. Have a great week Ash!!! xoxo

Amber Allen said...

my second favorite face! love the new header.