Monday, February 2, 2009
Leaving on a Jet Plane...
Tomorrow is a big day for Linc and I. We are flying to New Mexico with my sister to visit family. I wouldn't be as nervous as I am if it weren't for Linc's super swollen, terribly red bumpy gums. Every last bit of his poor little gums are covered in bumps and it looks so painful. He has already got four of his big back teeth this week and it looks like there could be as many as four or five more working there way through. He hasn't got any teeth since he was 10 months and he did the same thing, broke six teeth in about a week. Poor critter is miserable, not sleeping well and just plain hurts. Unfortunately Linc isn't the only one feeling bad, this baby has me puking in the back of my throat about ten times a day and it seems as though my stomach and esophagus are in cahoots and determined to make my life and the upper portions of my digestive system miserable... hot.... terrible burning... it sucks. I have to sleep partially sitting and I am only 10 weeks, 10 WEEKS. According to that {stupid} pregnancy calculator I have over 200 days of this left. I think my esophagus might melt by then. I could handle tube feedings at this point. So the main point of this post is to request prayer, lots of prayer. Pray for the over 2 hours in a car followed by an hour at the airport, 3 hours on the plane and another car ride which could be as short as 15 minutes or as long as another 3 hours depending on where we stay when we get to Albuquerque. Pray that Linc gets a reprieve from his teething pain and that I don't get "car" sick on the plane or in the car for that matter. Last time we took Linc in the plane he was three months old, colicky and destined to be a handful but we were covered in prayer and the plane ride was perfect. It was the quietest three hours of Linc's short life, we were amazed! Thanks so much for your prayers and I'll be sure to post when we get back!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll be praying for both of you. I hope you have a wonderful vacation and a very peaceful trip there and back.
Post a Comment