

So we are blessed, yes indeedy. Our Thanksgiving was awesome and our day before and after Thanksgiving were equally great. We started out by doing a family photo shoot with Levi's sis Jamie. She got the good, bad and the ugly of this Harris clan but she made us look good... even when we were ugly and bad. I know, a miracle! Thanksgiving day went great. I tried to bring a lot of the dishes my family is accustomed to and well, some were great others will need practice. Everyone said they loved the food but the stuffing was shiny. That's right, shiny... how did it get so shiny?? I'll have to work on that one :0) We sat around with all of Levi's family and the seven kids running in circles, leading treasure hunts, and pretending to orchestrate their own parade complete with musical instruments (I could have done without the instruments.. oh how I could have done without them!). It was a great time! Then later that evening Amber and Leo made their way to the Harris Thanksgiving, it was SUCH a nice treat to have my sis with me for a bit. It made the sting of not having mom's turkey, dad's movies blaring and shine-less stuffing a little more bearable. I sure missed my folks and bro but maybe next year we can have a Cumiford Thanksgiving complete with black olive catapulting and maybe even a water fight or two... we are kinda' like the National Lampoon family when we all get together and sit at a table with food and nice dishes. It always ends with someone crying yelling "Get the turkey carcase OFF MY HEAD!", well I guess we have never gone that far but it is always interesting :0) Our day after Thanksgiving actually began at 10p.m. on Thanksgiving night when Levi and I decided to brave the masses in an attempt to get a rockin' deal on a new computer. We grabbed some blankets and headed on over to Best Buy to get in line for the following morning. I had always made fun of people like that and I still do :0) We go to best buy only to turn right back around when we saw about 60 people in line with tents and BBQs. No way! So we went back to Jamie's tucked ourselves into the warm bed and thought about all those nuts sitting in the cold outside of best buy (which we would have joined if there weren't as many :0). We woke up the next morning and went to find a computer, which we did! Then Amber and I went and got some Christmas shopping done. It was a great day!
We got home from our busy week and unpacked all of our Black Friday treasures. We got our computer hooked up and it went blue screen! Which is BAD! Then Sunday morning Linc and I went to church, got home and Linc took a 3 hour nap... UNHEARD OF! He woke with a 101 fever and then quickly went back to sleep. I woke him up at 6 with a 103.6 fever, the shakes and he was totally out of it. I panicked. We took him to the hospital and they said he was okay, gave him some Motrin and sent us home. He is doing better today but still NOT himself. His fever is gone at least. Ug, what a way to end on a high note :0) We are thankful though, for our health which is far better than some even when we are sick and for our family which may be spread all over but are only a phone call away! I am now gearing up for Christmas and all the excitement, meaning and fun that comes with it!! I love this time of year!
We got home from our busy week and unpacked all of our Black Friday treasures. We got our computer hooked up and it went blue screen! Which is BAD! Then Sunday morning Linc and I went to church, got home and Linc took a 3 hour nap... UNHEARD OF! He woke with a 101 fever and then quickly went back to sleep. I woke him up at 6 with a 103.6 fever, the shakes and he was totally out of it. I panicked. We took him to the hospital and they said he was okay, gave him some Motrin and sent us home. He is doing better today but still NOT himself. His fever is gone at least. Ug, what a way to end on a high note :0) We are thankful though, for our health which is far better than some even when we are sick and for our family which may be spread all over but are only a phone call away! I am now gearing up for Christmas and all the excitement, meaning and fun that comes with it!! I love this time of year!
3 comments:
i want to see the model legs shot!! i want a little picture frame with your family pics in it for christmas!! love you guys and we had a blast!
P.S. Give little linc a kiss from his auntie so he feels better! :)
Cute family pictures!
Post a Comment