Monday, December 29, 2008

A Break in the Weather...



There was a beautiful break in the storm today so Lincoln, in desperate need of some time in the great outdoors, and I went for a little stroll outside. I of course took it as a chance to take some new pics of my critter and he obliged much to my amazement providing me with quite a few keepers. This was his first time walking in the grass, on hills and in a yard that is... well just shy of flat :0) It was a challenge but he was extremely happy to be outside. He loves being outside, even if it's cold, even if it's rainy, even if the wind is blowing my boy loves the fresh air. Hmmm, sounds like someone else I know (hint: Levi!). I love the coast because despite the wind and rain we have mid-winter summer days when the sun comes out amidst the clouds, warming the damp grass and making everything smell like spring even though the first tulip is months away from sprouting.


It was a beautiful afternoon :0)

1 comment:

Amber G. said...

Great pictures! I love the processing in the second one...

I am totally jealous about your warm coastal days in the middle of winter. There are definitely no such days here in the inland NW. Boo. What I would give sometimes for a whiff of spring -- even though I love winter, I miss the grass and warmth. I ESPECIALLY miss the opportunities to photograph my kiddos outside w/out having to deal with all the blinding snow!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person in a couple of weeks! Yay!

Amber