Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random updates

Well we've been cruising through life, not missing a beat. We are really loving this season in our lives. I started a mom's group along with my good friend Rachel about a month ago and that has been keeping me busy. I also started going to an amazing women's Bible study called Apples of Gold. There are three leaders (mature Christian women) and seven (less experienced Christian women) students and each Tuesday night we go to one of the leaders homes and they cook us a meal, showing us all the steps while the other two leaders help clean and organize all of the props... It is JUST like being in the audience of a cooking show. Then while everything cooks we do a Bible study which comes from the Apples of Gold book (the meal and the study are co-mingled) and then we EAT! Last week was the first meeting and it was SOO fun! We had chicken enchiladas, guacamole, a jello dish and the finally was baked Alaska and fried ice cream!! It is such an amazing set up and idea, anyone who is looking to get going on a women's Bible study should definitely look into it.


The mom's group is such a blessing. Sometimes being a mom can feel so isolated and this outreach has really filled a need in our church. We have a group of about 10 each week and each of the mom's brings something new and amazing to our group. Rachel, the real leader of our group is amazing at getting people to talk and share (which sometimes can be hard in a new group but not ours!), this morning as we were doing a name refresher she asked us to share our name and our favorite piece of playground equipment! It was so fun to laugh and fellowship with all of these mom's that love God.


As for Linc he is doing great. Active as ever ;0) He says "dada", "momma", "di" (dog), "echo", "adon" (all done) and "caka" (cracker). He has learned how to climb and this morning while I was in the shower he managed to pull out several drawers and use them as stairs... I guess my days of cleanliness are over, no more showers for me! He also love climbing into his rocking chair and the dishwasher and dryer. I think he is cutting more teeth but I can't find them. He is just grumpy and seems to not feel good sometimes. He will be one next Tuesday!! I can't believe it! He is really fun and has such a huge personality, he just lights up my day :0) For his birthday we are going on a hike and picnic out to the tree we planted for him on the dunes and then Grandma K, Grandpa Bill and Auntie Amber are coming over for a BBQ to celebrate the fact that Levi and I made it through the year with out going off the deep end.... I mean to celebrate LINCOLN!!

Notice how his "bed head" looks strangely like horns?! Hmmm.....

No comments: