Thursday, June 26, 2008

Le Zoo


My sister is learning French and since she instigated our little trip to the Oregon zoo this past week I figured I give her some practice and work a little French into this post (no accent marks, too complicated!)... Ready??!

Amber a appelle(called) last week suggesting that our monthly visit be a voyage to the Oregon zoo in Portland! An awesome idea! So Linc and I packed up our affaires (stuff) and headed out Tous (Tuesday) morning. We caught up with Amber, zipped up to I-5 and headed straight for the outlet centre comercial (mall)... On our way to the zoo of course. Then from there we made it to IKEA!! Hallelujah! It totally overwhelmed Amber and Linc. They were ready to find the sortie (exit) when I had just gotten comfy in the textile department! So we finished up at "the most magical place on Earth" (yes IKEA has replaced Disney land) and made it to l'hotel (the hotel) safe and sound. This was my first ever driving experience in Portland so that safe and sound part was by the grace of God! We relaxed, had pizza delivered and watched Cable T.V., which is usually the highlight of any hotel stay for me seeing as how we don't have cable. Mercredi (Wednesday) we got up early and made it to Le Zoo by 8:30. We got the second parking space away from the main gates in the shade no less! Awesome! We saw all there was to see, had a pique-nique (picnic) then headed for home. It was great and Lincoln absolutely LOVED it! I think the train ride was his favorite part, he squealed the whole way!
Linc relaxin' at the hotel
the fattest black bore (bear)ever!

No idea what these are :0)
elephant (elephant, there should be some crazy accent stuff in the French version)

girafe (giraffe) Auntie and Linc playing in the Safari Jeep
Linc Liked It!!
A Lot!!
The Train
Riding the Train


LE END!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm dying to go to the zoo, now! What fun! Great shots of Linc in the jeep. ;0)

Jessica said...

So so so so FUN! And I hear ya on IKEA replacing Disneyland as the happiest place on earth :)

Can't wait till our next photo mommas outing. I'm sad you and Jamie live so far away :( Hey, maybe we can have it at IKEA!!! Lots of fun stuff to photograph there - ha ha :o)

Amber Allen said...

Tres magnifique ma soeur! Mais, un exception, Tuesday est Mardi. Tres Bon!

I had a blast at the zoo and IKEA! Playing tennis on the wii was awesome too! Love you! Je t'aime!

Amber

meg said...

Love the picture at the hotel of Linc! I like the idea of an Ikea trip Jess, shopping and photo's, what a day :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all...great pics!