
Every year our friend, Patrick (and usually his wife Sonya), comes down from Portland to take advantage of Levi's amazing wealth of hunting knowledge in hopes of finding a bear. His visit usually marks the beginning of our summer activities and this year is no exception. Since the weather has been down right HOT on the coast the guys, including Patrick's dad (in the above pic), took a break from hunting to go fishing down off the Jetty. I LOVE jetty fishing! It is the best as far as I am concerned with lake fishing being a close second but leave the open ocean to the birds and creatures of the sea... I can't hack it :0)! Our morning fishing trip, on solid ground, was great. Levi woke up and went out to dig our bait before the tide came in (around 6:00 a.m.) and returned without me even knowing! He is so dedicated to making sure everyone has a great time when we go out with friends. Then we headed out. Since I had Linc I didn't fish (it's a little too much for me to fish, watch Linc and keep my balance on those boulders) but the guys brought in five fish and kept four. Pretty good for a couple of hours in the heat. It was a great day!

Levi showing Pat how to tie the hook


This is the look I got when I asked Levi to hold the fish closer to his head so that I could get a good shot! So much for that idea!

Pat and his fish
No comments:
Post a Comment