Thursday, April 24, 2008

The wonders of country life!


So most people get irritated when they find a spider, moth or an ant crawling along their furniture or swimming in the tub but as a country dweller I get annoyed when I find my friend the alligator lizard crawling and shedding his skin along my fire place! Most of you know that I am not squeamish in the slightest about anything. I have dissected numerous things, been through cadaver lab and as a child I was often found "experimenting" on different bugs that I would find around the yard. One of the highlights of my childhood was receiving a dissection kit for a birthday when I was around 8 or 9 complete with Microscope, slides, scalpels, tweezers, the works! It was awesome! So it always surprises me when out of no where the lizard appears, ALWAYS managing to scare the daylights out of me. One time while I was dusting he had managed to squeeze in a hole on the mantel and as I dusted all around I began feeling as though I was being watched... and sure enough he was inspecting my work :0) He has knocked things of my mantel and shelves. He has even had to shed half his tale as Levi and I chased him behind the couch. He always returns and always gets me! Today Lincoln lost his pacifier beneath our lamp so I bent down to locate the "Binky", AAH! That darn lizard got me again! I always go and get a mason jar and catch him to see if he is the same lizard, I am pretty sure that there are two. So I caught him, inspected him and showed him to Linc. Then we took a walk, a long walk far from the house to release him back into the cold rainy weather which I am pretty sure the Lizard believes he should be inside, snuggled up by the fireplace enjoying the sites and helping me dust!

2 comments:

.kim.h. said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Amber Allen said...

seriously eeeewwwww!