Yep that's right, I am spending another beautiful holiday recovering from mastitis (last time it was thanksgiving). It hit very quickly yesterday while we were in Eugene and, just like last time, it knocked me to the ground. My WONDERFUL husband fought with the doctor's office to get me a perscrition short notice, over the phone and before the pharmacy closed for the day which shouldn't be that hard considering we ordered it at 3:00 yesterday afternoon. It wasn't filled until 5 minutes before the pharmacy closed at 7:00 last night while Levi mediated between the doctor's nurse and the pharm tech at our local Safeway!
Happy valentines day to my hubby; you are an amazing man and I am so lucky to have you! Thanks for taking such great care of me! XO
4 comments:
Oh bugger!!! I'm so sorry, Ash! I hope you get to feeling better really soon! Happy Valentines Day! Give your little sweetie a big kiss from us! (Lincoln, not Levi!)
:)
Love you all...
Bummer - what causes that?
Well, I did some research today and discovered that it is caused by several things and it is not an infection. It can come from not emptying each breast at every feeding, engorgement/missed feeding (which is what happened yesterday, we had to use a bottle so that we could make it to Levi's doctor's appt. in Eugene on time), or a clogged milk duct. Some people are more prone to clogged milk ducts (I think I am one) and my research said that I will probably get it again when I try to ween him... Lucky me! So I am pumping like crazy but nothing is coming out... strange because Linc is getting it out, and nursing feels more painful this time than last. Anyway, too much info!
And Kim, Levi wants a little love too! Not big on kisses so I gave him a hug from you :0)
Well, sounds like your doing all you can to prevent/discourage the evil "Mastitis" from ruining that precious one-on-one time with Lincoln. Keep up the good work! Love ya! ;0)
Post a Comment