Today is Levi's first day back at work... I was SO blessed to have him home for 7 weeks! I think Levi feels like he really got to know Lincoln and I am very happy that he waited until it looks like things with Lincoln are on the up swing. Last night he COOED for about an hour instead of the usual fussing! Now that we are used to the crying this cooing is almost overwhelming, we LOVE to hear it. He has been broadening his vocabulary from WHAAAAA to a much softer set of noises, thank heavens! I was reading a doctor's blog last night about colic and he thinks it happens to parents who wouldn't otherwise take the time to get to know their little one in depth as a mandatory bonding period. I am not so sure about that exact reasoning but I am grateful for the bond this has given Lincoln and I. Even though it doesn't always work, I am usually the one he ultimately calms down for and I know if I hadn't had a colicky baby my confidence as a mother would have been based on following a books suggestions and not my own instincts. I needed the push that Lincoln gave me to not rely so heavily on book knowledge but to learn to listen to my feelings and God's gentle nudges. Believe me, I am still a researcher extraordinaire when it comes to what's wrong with Linc but now I have a little more confidence in my own intuition. It's funny how the colic at first was totally stripping me of my confidence as a mother but now it has built me up as I can decipher some of his cries and needs. As he gets better and better I think I will only gain confidence in my instinct and hopefully that will help me be a better mom!
2 comments:
You ARE both awesome parents - anyone who spends so much time in prayer for their child cannot help but be so - God will bless you as you continue to grow in this new stage of life. Love you -
Glad you are doing better and what a blessing that Levi could stay home with Lincoln for so long. Those smiles will just get better and more priceless. love you all Gram
Post a Comment