Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Doctor says...

Lincoln needs to try medication for reflux. So, despite my hesitation, we are giving it a shot starting tomorrow. I bought some Gripe water (an herbal tincture) but the pediatrician wasn't sure about it and gave me enough information from the medical community concerning the ingredients to take it back. He looked over my food journal and Lincoln's corresponding reactions and decided it would be a good idea to try the medication, zantac, until Monday and if it doesn't seem to be helping I have to go on a very strict diet as we add different things back in one at a time (no dairy, soy, beans, cabbage, broccoli and other gassy vegis, tomatoes, onions, caffeine and citrus!). I should have got him to give me a list of foods I can eat :0) So pray that things improve one way or the other. He has actually been have pretty good days for about three days now, only fussing a little but at least he is back to being consolable. He has slept through the night from about 10:30 p.m. to around 4:00 a.m. two nights this week and I am SO thankful that this whole thing seems to affect his days much more than his nights. I can handle no sleep during the day! He is still growing like a weed, now weighing 11 lbs. and he has outgrown several outfits. He still has all of his hair which draws a lot of attention from people. He gets lots of oohs and ahhs and I can't help but be glowing with pride. He is a handsome little thing and I love him to death!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We will be praying the medication takes effect and works amazingly well!!! Keep us "posted"! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - he's a grown up boy already - taking Zantac like the rest of the men!! Praying the meds work and that you can take the bland diet in step with everything else. I do remember the boys seemed to like Oreos and milk!! ;0)