Wednesday, August 29, 2007

32 Weeks


Well I am just about 32 weeks along and I can honestly say the only things I am going to miss about this giant new appendage is having a portable armrest, a "catch-all", and a TV tray/cup holder all attached conveniently to my torso. I was trying to give Levi a hair cut in our bathroom, which until now has always been plenty big and I kept side swiping him with my belly almost knocking him out of the chair each time. His hair cut is a little rough at best! I always have food stuck to it and I almost can't see my toes. How does one tie her own shoes past a certain point? It just keeps growing and I just don't know how it can stretch anymore but it has to, my little guy already feels cramped in there I am sure.


We had our first pregnancy class at the hospital last night, "Newborn Basics". It was great and very helpful. Levi went with me too which was nice... he has to tackle "All About Labor" and "Breastfeeding the Best Feeding" next.. a little prayer would be good, he faints easily right Jamie :0) The class started off with the "no question is a stupid question" speech so I was collecting things I had questions about for the end. Questions and Answer time arrives and Levi asks "Do people disinfect the bulb syringe after each use?" to which he received "oohs" and "ahhhs" about what a great question. Then came my question... a little prelude is necessary, we had talked about cleaning the umbilical cord with alcohol and that you shouldn't submerge it in water until it falls off. Then we discussed circumcision but not how to care for it.... So I wanted to know how to bathe that part, to submerge or not to submerge, or if I should wait for it to heal but my question "Should you care for the circumcision the same way you care for the umbilical cord?" was brutally rebuffed , misunderstood and received an "OUCH!" from all the men and several chuckles from others. What happened to the "NO question is a stupid question"?? I meant how do you bathe the circumcision not do you put rubbing alcohol all over it, I am not that stupid. Anyway Levi had fun with that the whole ride home, "My question was great" he would gush shortly followed by "what were you thinking?!" and "You must have been embarrassed" he'd add jokingly. I did learn a lot though and overall, despite my terrible question which sadly never got answered, it was worth our time. I must say I am a better swaddler than Levi, ha ha!


I think we have decided on a name, well a first name at least. Lincoln will be mini-Levi's name but now the middle name is under great debate. Lord help me but I told Levi he could choose what ever middle name he liked... slightly insane I know, but he could surprise us all oooorrr the kid could be named Lincoln Delphinius Shadrack Harris. I am just ecstatic that Lincoln is in for the first name :0)
(Hi Dad! I miss you!)

5 comments:

mudrash said...

That is one of the funniest stories I have heard in a long time. lol :-)

Ashley said...

yeah, for being a brunette I sure do have my moments!! Things always come out wrong especially in group settings :0)

Jamie said...

Two words for shoes: slip ons. ;0)

And just keep telling Levi, "Bend your knees! Bend your knees!"

And I'll miss referencing "Viper"; but am glad to have "Lincoln" in, too!!

Love,
Jamie ;0)

Anonymous said...

I like Link. But I'm still thinking Lincoln Winchester Harris. Levi and Daniel and I can call him Chesty and the rest of you can call him Link. Although Daniel thinks Lincoln Phinius Harris would also be good. pick a good one Levi. Just please don't name hime Sue.

Ashley said...

Chesty is a definite NO! Luckily Levi doesn't even like that :0) And I sill have no idea what the middle name will be, he hasn't given me any hints :0)