Sunday, March 18, 2018

New babies and an update!

I woke up unusually early this morning. I've been trying to get myself on a schedule since that darned day light savings mumbo jumbo hit me. Well this morning I woke up without my alarm but not because I felt all rested. I had a funny feeling that Tansy, the goat, needed checked on. She was bred last October to a mighty handsome kiko buck and her due date is Thursday. I've been watching videos, taking notes and checking her as much as possible without annoying her. Yesterday I checked her tail ligaments, which "disappear" when labor begins. Sure enough all I could feel was tail bone, no ligament! Her udder filled up pretty substantially about two days ago so I knew something was happening but still thought we had a few days. So I checked her this morning and she was moaning a bit, not her usual bleeting, which is another sign of labor! I told Levi we may want to put her in our kidding pen but he thought she was still a couple days away and I wasn't entirely sure how long she had but I didn't think it was only hours. Sure enough, we went to church, ate lunch, grocery shopped and just a minute before we got home Kay called saying she thought she saw babies! We got home to find Tansy had kidded two beautiful little ladies! We are SO happy!! The white baby is Fern and weighs 6 lbs. and the little one with red splotches is June and she is 5.4 lbs





The rest of the month has been filled with other exciting things. We took the kids up to a water park and on the way had our golden retriever bred to a beautiful master hunting stud in Salem. Maddie is due May 11th and the puppies will be ready to go to their new homes in July! I'm working on getting Levi to let us keep at least one... we NEED a little pup named Maple (May) to go with our Madrone (Maddie). 

Then Linc bought himself a bike after working very hard and saving all his money! The kids started track a week or so ago and have thoroughly enjoyed that and they have been fishing every chance they get in the backyard. The CC group finishes up this week and we're looking forward to our end of year program in a couple weeks. That all the happenings at the Harris House for now!




No comments: