The nesting monster has destroyed my house. It wasn't me I swear. It's this weird urge to redecorate every last crevice of my house before the baby gets here... including the boys room, living room, dining room etc.. I mean EVERY crevice. It's bad this time around. Maybe because I actually re-did the nursery. I hadn't really looked twice at the nursery since we found out we were pregnant with Linc and then I did some stuff but never painted anything or really remodeled anything. This time around I've painted, and sewn, and crafted, and moved things... several times to try and re figure the furniture arrangement. Today I finished something I never ever thought about doing before but I saw it, loved it and knew I could just make it so I did... it's a miracle I'm not in labor right now. Here's the canvas rug I just finished painting;
 |
| FYI if you're pretty pregnant and plan on crawling around on tile for 5-6 hours make sure your midwife/doc is on speed dial. I initally thought I would use this for a picnic blanket for Linc's upcoming birthday party but I might save it for a kitchen rug or even in the baby's room. It's made from a 6'x9' canvas drop cloth ($10 @ home depot) and some leftover paint from other projects ;) Then I made a grid out of tape and string and measured/taped off this thing for about 4 of the 6 hours before finally painting. |
 |
| Here's baby girls room a few weeks ago. Since then I have tufted the curtains so they look like a bubble skirt (if that makes sense :), added a few little details to that table and made a little doily bunting thing. |
 |
| This is the inspiration for the room but I haven't managed to come up with many things hot air balloon related. I've still got time :) |
 |
| Here is the fabric for the bedding |
 |
| Some baby shoes and a hat |
 |
| This is a wall hanging that I'll use in baby's room |
 |
| And the pair to the one above |
I haven't made her much in the way of clothing yet but I've got an idea or two :) It's not very hard to just find cute things to buy her! And someday my sewing machine and ironing board will vacate the dining room table and we won't have to crowd into three chairs on the opposite side of the table for dinner! Levi would appreciate that I'm sure!
1 comment:
I have something perfect for the room! Now to find it ;0)
Post a Comment