Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pictures?

So I'm a "photographer", right? So I should have decent pictures of my kids right? Well think again! I love my boys. They're great. They make life so much fun but man oh man how I wished they'd sit still and sorta' look snuggly together for once in their lives while I have the camera on and focused! All I get are smushed faces, choke holds, pushing shoving and eventually wrestling. Oh and rock eating, did I mention that? I guess they see the camera come out and realize that for x amount of time mom will be so preoccupied trying to take pictures that anything goes. And they're usually right. And it usually doesn't work! So this time when I went out I decided to make it short, simple and hopefully sweet. Well, it was short. And simple. After 10 minutes we were done and I still didn't get a single good shot of the two of them together!



Pictures aside my boys are so funny and precocious! I was taking them into the doctor, Bear had his well baby check up and as we drove over the bridge Linc yell's "Momma! The largest predator in the ocean is a reptile called and airplane" and then he died laughing. Aparently it was a great joke. He cracks himself up. Bear is doing awesome. He is completely average on all stats (20 lbs. 9 ozs., 30 inches) and is at the 16 month marker developmentally. That boy is on a mission to kill himself since he started walking about a month ago. He climbs the 5' slide that my dad built, using both the stairs and the slide to get to the top, he walks with super speed but he's still so wobbly that it's only a matter of time before he collides with something or crashes to the ground. He's had two black eye's, a bumped head, and countless scratches and bruises since this walking fiasco began. Poor guy. He's started walking with his eyes closed sometimes. Once he realizes he's loosing control he'll close them and brace for impact! And it's awesome because my house is relatively safe and baby proof. He gets most injuries running into walls, tripping over things and running into the kitchen table! I think both of my kids have my gracefulness and coordination!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh - the life of a "Mom with Boys"! I love it and wouldn't trade a day of it. You will have more fun than you could ever imagine - ENJOY ;0)

P.S. Thanks for quick pic fix!