On Wednesday before last Levi was kind enough to watch the kids while I set off in an attempt to humiliate myself and all innocent bystanders by dancing the salsa... a high paced, loud music induced workout salsa called ZUMBA! Oh my, I have never felt so uncoordinated in my life! I didn't even dance at my own wedding so why on Earth did I agree to dance in front of strangers to super fast music following the lead of some super fit aerobics instructors? Not sure, still stumped by that question. But I did and I moved more, jiggled more, nearly tripped more, laughed more and sweated more than I have in a long time! It was fun and a much welcomed "break" before the storm hit on Thursday...
Thursday was Bear's 6 month check up ---- Update---- he's 17 lbs. 15ozs. and 27 inches long. He is pretty stinking healthy and right on track as far as growth. He's a little ahead on development which is a shocker because being second born, he doesn't get quite the development crazed momma that Linc had. Anyway, things were going great until the doc checked his ear, it was red and slightly infected he said so he gave me a prescription and told me to hang onto it until/if he started running fever. Just before we left the office my phone rang but being the phone-o-phobe that I am I didn't even look at the caller ID and silenced the little bugger before it had a chance to finish the first ring. I took Bear out of the office, hopped in my car and returned Levi's call :0) He hates it when I don't answer my phone! He said Linc started running a fever and it was at 102... WHA!? He was healthy before I left to take Bear in. So I went by the pharmacy, got Bear's prescription and headed home to find a sickly Lincoln. Well, the bug that caught Linc couldn't have picked a worse time because Jamie, Corey, the kids, Bill and Kay were scheduled to arrive Friday evening for a night of fun and a trip to the Wildlife Park on Saturday. But by Friday morning Linc was going downhill and his fever still hadn't broke. We continued getting ready for company thinking his "cold" would mend and he'd be fine by Saturday. Everyone arrived and we had a great visit Friday evening, Linc just slept. Saturday Linc woke up with a high fever again so we gave him some Tylenol and being the mother of the year that I am we packed him up and took him to the Wildlife Park, fever and all! I just couldn't decide if it was better to let him rest, stay home and risk missing out if he started feeling better or to take him to the park knowing he wasn't feeling well at all. Fun won out and he did okay at the park but Bear started getting a cough and runny nose and by the time we got everyone home Linc was a drone with a 103 fever... guess I should have kept him home.

my poor baby

Sweet cousins



I love this shot above! Jamie said they've been teaching Micah how to be a gentleman. He lead Linc around by the small of his back for a good part of the day! So cute!

Sunday we stayed home! His fever was still high but would break with meds however he wouldn't eat and started drinking less and less. So Monday morning we saw a fill in doc who checked both boys out, did chest x-rays and blood work on Linc and diagnosed him with pneumonia/bronchitis. Linc was a trooper and didn't even scream with the blood work, he just felt so bad he didn't have the energy but he did walk out of the clinic with about 10 stickers for all of his trouble! The doc said Bear was totally fine, no ear infection or anything... I am still not too sure about that but he's not running fever so I am letting him heal on his own for now. So this week we have been on house arrest pretty much. Linc is on medication and is slowly getting better and I've been giving Bear some lemon balm tea and a little herbal cough syrup here and there... oh and I've been slathering them both with vicks vapor rub so much so that when you walk into my house your nostrils will be cleared in seconds and your eyes will probably start to water! Vicks is in the air instead of Spring this year!
We were supposed to go out today to plant Barrett's plum tree next to Linc's out on the dunes but with the weather and sickness we again are staying home. So Levi took Bear's tree out and planted it. We'll hopefully go to visit it later this month for the picture-fest commemorating Bear's first 6 months of life, and what a great six months it has been!
(BTW if anyone knows how to fix my pics from floating in the text on this darn blog please help me!)
1 comment:
Ash,
We all learn the hard way. Don't fret to much over it. Overall it sounds like you have had a fairly healthy winter for your family. Be thankful for that, and next time stay home and rest when there is a fever involved. Love ya.
Post a Comment