Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2



Lincoln is two today! At this time two years ago I believe I was talking to one of Levi's male co-workers while a giant picture of a cartoon boob occupied our hospital room T.V., not six inches from his head (he came to visit right in the middle of the breast feeding video... and he's tall... and the T.V. was right there!)... Ah yes, it was the morning after I delivered Lincoln. After 23 hours of labor. After sitting in the jacuzzi tub for 13 hours. After pushing for 1.5 hours. Wow. That's a lot of hours. He was born at 6:05 a.m. so by this time two years ago I was snuggling my newborn as a first time mother! It was one of the BEST days of my life!!


Today is a laid back birthday party because that's how we roll. We love to celebrate these big days as a family! He woke up this morning, ate his favorite breakfast ("pan toast"=french toast with peanut butter and banana), opened up a couple of gifts and played and played and played. He's resting now and when he wakes up we'll make some cupcakes together (he loves to cook... but mostly eat what's being cooked :0), play some more and celebrate his precious little life! He is an awesome son, a kind, generous, awesome human being. I am SO partial that it is ridiculous :0) Tomorrow is his two year check up (and Bear's two month check up) and hopefully after that we'll get to take him hunting or on a hike to his tree, weather permitting. This weekend Auntie Amby (Amber) is coming for a visit and we will take him to visit the pumpkin patch.
Lincoln, you amaze me everyday. You are a total rock star and I am your number one fan!! I love you!

No comments: