Friday, September 18, 2009

Updates





My first week at home with the boys has been completed! Barrett turned one month on Wednesday and he is doing well... not sleeping at night but other than that doing great. I can tell he is growing a lot! Lincoln survived having a tired, grumpy momma and has been such a good boy. I am still frazzled to say the least. In fact I took the boys out by myself for the first time a couple of days ago, first to the doctors and then grocery shopping and on my way home I got stopped by a State Trooper (One of our buddies luckily) :0) I have only been pulled over twice now in my whole life, once the day before my wedding and now twice on my first outing with two kids. I guess I crack under pressure! Luckily my offense wouldn't have warranted a ticket even if I didn't know the trooper so that made me feel better and off I went with my warning.


Levi is hunting a lot, trying to fill our freezer so the boys and I are mostly just holding down the house. We managed to go pigeon hunting a couple of days ago, all four of us, some family and a friend but it rained on us the whole time so the boys, Kay and I stayed huddled in the bed of the truck under the canopy. It wasn't the best outing but it was nice to get the boys out of the house for a couple hours. Levi's hunting elk/camping this weekend until Monday and then he'll go back out next Thursday. We might try and camp a little... I'm not sure I am ready for that :0)


Everyone brought their dog except us and they were quite the sight on the canoe ride across the creek... Levi had to outrun them or they would have surely flipped the boat!!

I am still trying to adjust to all that two children require and I can't say I am the most graceful or inspiring :0) I think I told Barrett to shut up the other night while trying to get him to go to sleep in the wee hours of the morning! Sometimes I wake up from a long, sleepless night and think to myself "Did I really get so mad at my baby last night?". Then I go get Bear and apologize profusely in the morning. I just stink at this sleep deprivation phase. So keep us in your prayers, that Levi would get his elk and that we can all get a little more sleep!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Poor Ashley! Hopefully it gets easier soon, and that Bear starts sleeping at night!!! And don't worry, the words "Shut up" have slipped out more than a few times here too, and I don't always feel too guilty afterward ;o) Love you!